Fedex Denies Offering Millions - Memphis Bcs Bid

MeanGreen61

If the Big XII holds together with 10 members ... what is the likelhood Memphis becomes a replacemnet for Colorado in Big XII .... They have a great basketball history and had their momments in football.

Others:

Houston...maybe... pretty good in football, large city, and has a great history of basketball...Former SWC.

TCU: ... not sure they would move now....besides Baylor hates them. ....small 7,000.. but in Metroplex.

Rice: ..way too small...few alumni .... absolutely not if Houston admitted.

UTEP: not that large, remote spot and terrible history in football, great in basketball at times.

Tulsa: pretty good in football and basketball but very small prvate school... not likely.

SMU: private school... bad history with many of Big-XII teams (disliked) but they are in metroplex (a huge market).

New Mexico or Colorado state.... they seem unlikely.

LaTech...or any of the other La colleges.... very very doubtful.

North Texas.... football lately has been pretty grim.. rather decent in basketball, poor attendence in all sports.

BUT.... soon will have 40,000 students, huge alumni base in Metroplex. Personally I think LONG TERM it would made sense,

Attendence, interest, and recruiting would skyrocket if in a major conference.

We are building a new stadium which could be enlarged if needed to be later. Baylor and Iowa State might even like someone to beatup on for a few years (maybe).

Given five years in a major conference we would likely be competitive. Long term (not short term) might be great choice.

South Florida and Central Florida had less to offer and have improved greatly and quickly in larger conferences.

Anyone else available..???

WE NEED TO REALY DO WELL THIS YEAR IF THE BIG XII DOESN"T FOLD AND DOESN'T ADD TWO TEAMS QUICKLY..

Not that it matters but we have as many NFL Hall-of-Famers as TECH, Baylor, or A&M.

Academically we have many departments as good or better than what they have.

Only two Big-XII schools are larger

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Even if true , FedEx would probably lose the package that had the 10 million in it .... ain't that right Evan !

Hey as much as I fight them daily for the international business, I've always thought they did a better job than my Brown team at supporting college sports......Now I do like to hear scandalous articles like this one.......hehehe

North Texas to the NFC East! Come on, we got two major freeways, a truck building plant, forty eight billion former students, Grandy's international headquarters just miles away, Mr Frosty, the top television market in the free world. Oh, did I mention that the two major freeways merge into one? Just like Hillsboro. Maybe they can be a travel partner. Go other Eagles! Stop thinking small. Annex Mexia and we are there.

• Downvote 1

North Texas to the NFC East! Come on, we got two major freeways, a truck building plant, forty eight billion former students, Grandy's international headquarters just miles away, Mr Frosty, the top television market in the free world. Oh, did I mention that the two major freeways merge into one? Just like Hillsboro. Maybe they can be a travel partner. Go other Eagles! Stop thinking small. Annex Mexia and we are there.

The Mexians wouldn't approve of this.