New Proposal To Save Big Xii With 10 Teams

MeanGreen61

Looks like Austin U may be rethinking the whole boycott of ATM.Or maybe they were bluffing all along.

I dont' think they were bluffing. It's no secret that Texas has the largest fan base in the Big XII and maybe the country. I think these comments from that article are the key factors in Texas reconsidering a stay in the Big T(welv)en:

--Individal institutions would be allowed to pursue their own networks, which has been a goal of Texas. If the Longhorns went to the Pac-10, they would have to forgo their own distribution platforms, including a network, because the Pac-16 would seek to have a conference network in which all inventory is shared.

(Consultants have put Texas' ability to generate revenue from its own network at between $3 million and $5 million after a start-up window of about three years.)

Get ready for the Longhorn TV network.

OrangeBloods Rivals article.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1093803

Nah, Beebe is just trying to save his own skin (job) by trying to think up new schemes to keep UT happy. They want their own TV deal but want the prestiege of PAC10 too.> Look for the uT regents to sign off on the move to PAC10 Tuesday.

Edited by NT80

Why did it take the loss of COL and NEB to redo a contract. O wait, I forget the BIG 12 Staff rather take a pay cut than be out of job.

How much money was the BIG 12 hiding to redo a contract and add 10 million dollars in revenue over night?

Looks like Austin U may be rethinking the whole boycott of ATM.Or maybe they were bluffing all along.

I don't think they were bluffing.

But, I do think Texas knows what got them to the position they are in now. Texas couldn't have gotten to the point they are now without A&M and OU. If either of those 2 schools wouldn't follow Texas, I think Texas has reason to reconsider.

It doesn't surprise me that the Big XII is trying to hang together now that it seems its core is getting pulled in every direction.

The Big XII is going to be unable to cherry pick SEC, PAC 10, and BIG 10 teams, but they could have their pick of the litter on the rest. And it makes absolutely no sense (to me) that the establishment of the Big XII, wither autobid and everything, would be the one to disintegrate before the Big East, MWC, CUSA, WAC, MAC and SBC.