Texas A&m Making Their Way To The Sec?

UNT90

Texas-Texas A&M is the most overrated rivalry in college football. I'd rather watch (insert any SEC rivalry) than that double-barrel sack full of garbage.

Texas A&M has a long rivalry with LSU that should be renewed. That'd be instantly better than watching them play the cowards of Austin. If UT is so rough and tough, they'll schedule A&M and OU even if they end up in different conferences.

Texas needs those rivalries. They've got nothing else. No one cares about Texas-Oklahoma State, Texas-Texas Tech, or Texas and anybody else.

That's why Texas is always threatening to leave, then never going. They know they're a worthless pile of dogsnot without OU and Texas A&M on their schedule.

Texas-Arizona/Arizona State? Yawn.

OU/Texas A&M-LSU/Arkansas/Ole Miss, etc. That'd be good football.

What the hell?

Texas A&M vs Ole Miss is good football but Texas vs Arizona State is a yawn? I guess you'd pick Rosie O'Donnell over Katherine Heigl.

• Upvote 1

my whole point is that if they are battling head to head with a rercuit vs Texas or OU they would now have a little edge by saying hey come play in the SEC.

I think the edge would come in being able to offer something different than UT can offer for a change. In the long run, I think ending the series hurts both schools when it comes to recruiting, which is yet another reason I don't think the series ends, regardless of the threats right now.

a&m is not relevant now nor will they be in the future. I didn't mean that they would suddenly jump to a top 10 ranking by moving conferences .... my whole point is that if they are battling head to head with a rercuit vs Texas or OU they would now have a little edge by saying hey come play in the SEC.

Oh well I hope the BIG XII or BIG X stays in tact.. Do they big xii & big x just trade names ?? This is going to get confusing

I think it starts out w/ Tune , but by the end of the season Derek Thompson takes over and is our QB of the future

Arkansas isn't irrelevant and neither will be TAMU. But why do you think TAMU will be anymore successful in the SEC than Arkansas? Why wouldn't they suffer the same "OK but rarely good and never great" fate of Arkansas in the SEC?

Arkansas isn't irrelevant and neither will be TAMU. But why do you think TAMU will be anymore successful in the SEC than Arkansas? Why wouldn't they suffer the same "OK but rarely good and never great" fate of Arkansas in the SEC?

Interview on Channel 8 with Chip Brown said some rumors that Arkansas has made contact with Big 12 about membership.

Attend a couple of A&M games at DKR and you'll the rivalry is alive and well. Part of the bit is not giving A&M the recognition/validation they crave.

Been to 6. Loud, yes. But not any difference than when Tech is there. And at Kyle, when A&M is sorry, you can find plenty of Aggies selling their tix. OU/TX or Ohio St/Michigan it's not, but the AGs think so is all I am saying. IMHO.

Been to 6. Loud, yes. But not any difference than when Tech is there. And at Kyle, when A&M is sorry, you can find plenty of Aggies selling their tix. OU/TX or Ohio St/Michigan it's not, but the AGs think so is all I am saying. IMHO.

It also is depending on the age of the fans/when they started following the rivalry I think. I knew UT fans that hated A&M far worse, but most of these were people that started following Texas when A&M was dominating in the mid to late 80's to mid 90's. Now things have turned the other way, so folks that started following in the late 90's have only seen A&M win a couple of times or so.

Same deal with Auburn/Alabama and Alabama/Tennessee really. Depending on the generation of fan - some Bama fans hate the Vols worse while others can't stand to lose to the Tigers.

It also is depending on the age of the fans/when they started following the rivalry I think. I knew UT fans that hated A&M far worse, but most of these were people that started following Texas when A&M was dominating in the mid to late 80's to mid 90's. Now things have turned the other way, so folks that started following in the late 90's have only seen A&M win a couple of times or so.

Same deal with Auburn/Alabama and Alabama/Tennessee really. Depending on the generation of fan - some Bama fans hate the Vols worse while others can't stand to lose to the Tigers.

Just listen to their fight songs (UT & A&M). All they do is diss each other.

Like CMJ said, right now the rivalry between UT & OU is hot, but not too long ago it was not so much.