Sources Say Tcu Does Not Want Baylor In Mwc

NT80

Payback's a bitch.

You know it. Baylor is falling fast. Maybe the SBC could make room for them? It would be nice to have a real conference rival. After all, we do have some recent history together. :D

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

Payback's a bitch.

At least take the name 'Christian' off of your name. That's not a Christian attitude to take. I know because I am one.

Yes, I believe that TCU was probably shafted at the formation of the Big 12. Furthermore, Baylor is acting like a spoiled brat that has had his candy taken away. Both traits are antithetic to Christian attitude. The only difference is that Baylor doesn't have the word Christian as part of its moniker so there's nothing to take away.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TCU "shafted"? They were as crappy as Baylor when they Big 12 was formed.

When the Big 12 thing went down in 1994:

-Baylor had been to bowl games in three of the preceeding five seasons, and had only had four losing seasons in the 15 prior.

-TCU, in the same span, had been to one bowl game, and had only posted three winning seasons over the 15 prior.

So, at the time, it look like a no-brainer. And, in fact, TCU kept laying eggs until 1998. So, let's not get all crazy and pretend that 1994 TCU looked rosier than 1994 Baylor. It wasn't even close.

Baylor had 11 winning season from 1980 to 1994. To get 11 winning seasons for TCU up to 1994, you'd have to reach back all the way to 1951 and start counting from then.

Give me a break with the TCU business. They're lucky the Big 12 didn't take them, otherwise, they'd be in the same position Baylor is right now. Being in crappy conferences has helped TCU immensely.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

TCU "shafted"? They were as crappy as Baylor when they Big 12 was formed.

When the Big 12 thing went down in 1994:

-Baylor had been to bowl games in three of the preceeding five seasons, and had only had four losing seasons in the 15 prior.

-TCU, in the same span, had been to one bowl game, and had only posted three winning seasons over the 15 prior.

So, at the time, it look like a no-brainer. And, in fact, TCU kept laying eggs until 1998. So, let's not get all crazy and pretend that 1994 TCU looked rosier than 1994 Baylor. It wasn't even close.

Baylor had 11 winning season from 1980 to 1994. To get 11 winning seasons for TCU up to 1994, you'd have to reach back all the way to 1951 and start counting from then.

Give me a break with the TCU business. They're lucky the Big 12 didn't take them, otherwise, they'd be in the same position Baylor is right now. Being in crappy conferences has helped TCU immensely.

Baylor doesn't even have an all-time winning percentage; TCU does. Baylor won or shared five SWC championships while TCU won nine. TCU had one mythical national championship (1938). Baylor went 50 years (1924-1974) between a won or shared Southwest Conference championship.

I'm not a TCU fan, largely because they won't even play North Texas, but they were more deserving than Baylor to be admitted to the Big 12. However, in my opinion the most deserving was Houston. They also fit the Big

XII footprint of large state universities. I don't like them but I would have to admit they would have been my pick (but I would have had to hold my nose).

You are probably right that TCU would have also had a poor record had they been chosen. Then again, I'd also wager that Baylor would never have had the record that TCU was able to accomplish in the same crappy conferences.

if a&m and west virginia go to sec,utah to pac/southwest, baylor and iowa st.to cusa, kansas, k. state, and missouri to mt. west, n.texas has no place to go, unless they and ark. st.join 8 member wac to create 10 school conference, adding texas state and utsa at a latter date. question? are we better off in the belt than in west division of wac with new mexico st. la. tech, ark. st., texas state, and utsa, under the premise that s.m.u. will block our entry into any conference that they are a member? your thoughts?