Sec Commish In College Station Talking To A&m

MeanGreen61

Silve in College Station NOW.

http://twitter.com/billyliucci

aTm better be careful. If they join the SEC they'll be stuck in a conference not vastly superior to the big xii in football (or some would have you believe). They'll have to join a conference that has won the last 4 national titles while still situated dead in the middle of one of the best states for football in the country. Yep, horrible mistake.

Bottom line...Texas and the rest of the big xii have gone so far as to threaten to blackball them to keep the sec out of Texas. In the PAC 10 aTm is forever second fiddle. In the sec? Well I'm sure they wouldn't sell out their stadium, be ranked for having played in the toughest conference in America or continue to receive media coverage because of their huge alumni base....right?

aTm better be careful. If they join the SEC they'll be stuck in a conference not vastly superior to the big xii in football (or some would have you believe). They'll have to join a conference that has won the last 4 national titles while still situated dead in the middle of one of the best states for football in the country. Yep, horrible mistake.

Bottom line...Texas and the rest of the big xii have gone so far as to threaten to blackball them to keep the sec out of Texas. In the PAC 10 aTm is forever second fiddle. In the sec? Well I'm sure they wouldn't sell out their stadium, be ranked for having played in the toughest conference in America or continue to receive media coverage because of their huge alumni base....right?

Damn Emmitt,

There is something you and I can agree on.

A&M is the one school in this state that doesn't have to suck off the nipple of UT and be better off for it.

Edited by MeanMag

Well while A&M is actually 3rd fiddle in the Big 12 behind UT and OU they will be that if not more in the SEC, Bama and Florida for sure. LSU? Georgia? Auburn? I think it would be a terrible move for A&M to get away from OU and UT. I don't think that they would be anything more than a middle of the rung tean in the SEC.

Well while A&M is actually 3rd fiddle in the Big 12 behind UT and OU they will be that if not more in the SEC, Bama and Florida for sure. LSU? Georgia? Auburn? I think it would be a terrible move for A&M to get away from OU and UT. I don't think that they would be anything more than a middle of the rung tean in the SEC.

I see it as a great opportunity for A&M to separate themselves from UT to a recruit who doesn't want to leave the state of Texas. It gives A&M something to market that UT can't.

It's possible that they are a contender in the SEC because they are the only school in Texas that can get a player who might leave for an SEC school.

aTm will be making a huge mistake going to the SEC. It's just a case of them trying to act like they are "big" enough to do their own thing and not what UT is telling them to do. They're second fiddle in Texas but still haven't grasped that concept, yet. They will be a perennial door mat in the SEC. I think Tech will reap huge benefits in recruiting if the Ags jump ship. The new landscape of the PAC16 North & South is very favorable to any recruit when compared to the SEC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1