Huge Budget Cuts Ahead For Louisiana Schools

MeanGreen61

There is an irony here, as North Texas for years was always fighting to stay up with the Louisiana schools in facilities. Louisiana used tax money for stadium expansion or construction and athletic operations. As you know, state money cannot be used for athletics in Texas. While I sympathise with Louisiana's plight, at least the thing has now come full circle.

Couldn't come at a worst time, for Louisiana state school athletes. Those numbers are horrible. Interesting how close ULM and La Tech are on receiving state funds, suprised that Southeastern gets substantial more than both. SEU must have more students.

I have always kind of admired La Tech's administration and fans fanaticism, however misguided. However, they are going to be hard pressed along with ULM to survive this. I think ULL will survive but it will be tough. I read somewhere recently that many of the Louisiana schools get half of their athletic budgets from state funds. I understand that currently Louisiana schools are forbidden from assessing students fees for athletes. Maybe that can be changed but it still will be hard for those schools to maintain a competitive posture for the long haul.

The conference turnover adds to La Tech woes. Even the most crazy of their fans has got to realize that if they really had any better chance at an upgraded conference; this has got to almost end it. Does CUSA or for that matter, the Belt need another school in a small market with extreme budget issues?

Edited by GrandGreen