Sun Belt Talking "enhancement" As New World Order Takes Shape

MeanGreen61

Can we all just agree that unless you in the MWC all of the non bcs conferences are pieces of poop? Right now NT needs to whore it up and take it hard and do whatever it takes to get into the MWC or maybe a bigger conference. If I am RV I will tell every major conference commissioner that I don't mind making our FB stadium bigger, adding baseball etc. I don't care if we suck in all sports but give us an invite to your conference and we will be a viable asset with time along with being a very very big school in a top 5 media market. I know its a pipe dream but at this point debating which is a better conference between the WAC and the SBC is rediculous.

Just because we're currently part of the Sun Belt conference doesn't mean we have to be in love with the Belt. We don't have to pretend that if CUSA or WAC extended an offer to us we'd 'have to think about it.'

I agree the Belt has gotten better. But still the only people who know that are fans of programs within the Belt.

As I've said before, I don't know that any of this matters if everything's headed to the super conference but those who are trying to convince themselves that the Sun Belt is just as good as CUSA or the WAC will be jumping up and down if we were to move. Of this I am sure.

• Upvote 1

Just because we're currently part of the Sun Belt conference doesn't mean we have to be in love with the Belt. We don't have to pretend that if CUSA or WAC extended an offer to us we'd 'have to think about it.'

I agree the Belt has gotten better. But still the only people who know that are fans of programs within the Belt.

As I've said before, I don't know that any of this matters if everything's headed to the super conference but those who are trying to convince themselves that the Sun Belt is just as good as CUSA or the WAC will be jumping up and down if we were to move. Of this I am sure.

You're right, we dont have to be "in love" with the Belt. However, to think that the WACky is better than the SBC at this point is ludicrious. Boise was the ONLY thing redemming about that conference. Idaho and Nevada have been decent the past year or two. However, without BSU, the SBC is ranked higher.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you're offended by someone taking a shot at your internet username, you probably shouldn't be using the internet.

The man behind the username Rudy is indeed on the shorter side. I also read it originally as a shot at Brian's stature.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

I like the idea of bringing La Tech and NMSU along. Now, our conferences are 'bout the same in prestige and money. It benefits La Tech for travel expenditures and regional interest if they join.

Actually, the money from a new TV contract would be a LOT higher for that 12 team SBC verses what would be left of those Wacy folks. As for prestige, NMSU and La Tech would be the 17th and 18th football schools to leave the Wacy behind.