My Idea To Merge The Wac And Belt

stebo

As I said it was, "years ago" on the TV ratings things. Also, from Mean Green teams that were winnning more than they were losing. Years ago I say? That is, before our alma mater started its multi-decades quest of doing its best to go back to the womb football-wise and with staffers who fell over themselves trying to do everything "opposite the way Hayden Fry did it in Denton"; rather than what many of us preferred our alma mater do and that would be making giant steps forward like, uh, Southern Miss, Fla. State (who almost dropped football in the early 70's), Louisville, Memphis, Tulsa, etc, etc, etc.

All the aformentioned schools that UNT was at one time at the same level with & with some of them even using UNT as their model for more in the Believe It Or Not department of years past. (Check that part out, too, and some on this board know it for fact--in fact, ask Rick V what USM thought of UNT back in those days to bring it closer to home).

Go figure why all the aforementioned schools & former conference-mates of ours chose the direction they chose and then...........the direction way too many UNT AD's chose (with a different shade of green coming from each) while many from that group were biding time in Denton waiting for their chance for the Big Time or to get back to the Big Time a la former UNT AD Steve Sloan.

Yes, for many on this board, it's been a wild and crazy ride, but I really believe Rick V and Staff have this thing going in a good or best direction we can go at the level we co-exist, but at age 59,blink.gif I would have preferred we would have progressed like all the other aforementioned schools who went "Beep-Beep" past us when in another era, we were (in deed) models for their scheduling of the Big Boys (which we were doing before most from our level during that era). Yet........it was our "beating" some of those Big Boy/Name Schools which made UNT some of our former conference-mates their models. NOTE: Being on DFW's TV Channel 21 in recent years with teams not doing well in the W/L column would tend to not get good ratings. No argument with that...

GMG!

PS: Thanks for the kind words, NT03. Feeling is mutual toward all I know on this board and that whether we agree or agree to disagree.! lol!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

add unt and ark. st. to wac now, and texas state and utsa later. this gives you wac/east consisting of 6 schools with n.mexico st & la. tech.

Wouldn't it be easier to add either NMSU or La Tech to the SBC? That means just one school has to change. We are at 11 immediately and go to 12 when USA moves up in football.

The Wacy TV contract is going to be renegotiated, now without Boise who was responsible for nearly 50% of their coverage. The H-Bowl is already making noises about moving with Boise. Without Boise, the SBC actually get MORE BSC money than those Wacy people. None of the time zone problems for news coverage.

• Upvote 1