Message To East Carolina Fans Re: Cusa Expansion

MeanGreen61

A message to the Pirate Nation

http://www.ecupirates.com/genrel/061110aaa.html

Conference USA is rapidly preparing to compete for the remaining Big 12 members if the meltdown continues to a full implosion

"As for the rest of the expansion nationwide, I believe Texas will hold the Big 12 together. Texas and Oklahoma should be very happy to say "good riddance" to the conference championship game."

I guess he didn't get the word UT has scheduled a special meeting Tues to probably leave the Big12.

As for CUSA out shopping for former Big12 teams, I doubt they will find KU, KSU, et al very happy about having to look that direction. The MWC or BigEast would seem better to their liking. Of course, after sleeping in the mansion for 15 years then suddenly getting kicked out, nothing looks as good.

no one wants baylor or iowa state, and no one trusts missouri. assuming a&m comes to their senses and moves to pac/southwest, i would look for 10 member mt. west to add kansas and kansas state. i am not knowledgeable on politics in kansas, but assume they may be locked at the hip. baylor would then move to cusa, with missouri and iowa state hosed. question is, would 6 member cusa west plus baylor decide to create a 10 member conference, adding north texas, la.tech, and ark. state? if memory serves, baylor athletic budget is in $30 million range, smu in high $20 million range,while rest of schools vary from mid teens to low twenties. this should put baylor in a conference that they could dominate, with 5 private and 4 low budget state schools. 10 member conferences work well, with round robin and 3 ocs games. i see a great expense reduction in a regional "southwest conference", but little t.v. money. probably makes too much sense to work.

no one wants baylor or iowa state, and no one trusts missouri. assuming a&m comes to their senses and moves to pac/southwest, i would look for 10 member mt. west to add kansas and kansas state. i am not knowledgeable on politics in kansas, but assume they may be locked at the hip. baylor would then move to cusa, with missouri and iowa state hosed. question is, would 6 member cusa west plus baylor decide to create a 10 member conference, adding north texas, la.tech, and ark. state? if memory serves, baylor athletic budget is in $30 million range, smu in high $20 million range,while rest of schools vary from mid teens to low twenties. this should put baylor in a conference that they could dominate, with 5 private and 4 low budget state schools. 10 member conferences work well, with round robin and 3 ocs games. i see a great expense reduction in a regional "southwest conference", but little t.v. money. probably makes too much sense to work.

Baylors $30 million budget goes away if no Big 12 money.