World Cup Is Finally Here

I managed to watch seven and a half minutes. It's a new record.

Just changed the channel.

Someone let me know if/when Greece has a televised game so I'll know to grab a book or magazine and have it on in the background in case anything happens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Someone let me know if/when Greece has a televised game so I'll know to grab a book or magazine and have it on in the background in case anything happens.

Ugh, when the Greeks play it will be the most boring games of the tournament.

But since you asked...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/team/fixtures/_/id/455/greece?cc=5901&ver=us

Down goes Greece 2 - 0

Damn Koreans !

Edited by NT03

While it was a very "soft" goal to give up by Green, it resulted in a good start for the US team in the World Cup. US should be favored to win over Serbia, but Serbia did beat Algeria 1-0 to lead the group at the current time. The Algerian 'keeper was also beaten on the Serbian goal, and should have made that save. It ruined a great "0-0" possibility which would have definitely helped the US.

Next game against Serbia Friday...USA...USA...USA!!!!

BTW, TV ratings in the US are way up over the 2006 World Cup ratings. Good news for futbol fans everywhere!

Still think it will be England and the US advancing from the group.

While it was a very "soft" goal to give up by Green, it resulted in a good start for the US team in the World Cup. US should be favored to win over Serbia, but Serbia did beat Algeria 1-0 to lead the group at the current time. The Algerian 'keeper was also beaten on the Serbian goal, and should have made that save. It ruined a great "0-0" possibility which would have definitely helped the US.

Next game against Serbia Friday...USA...USA...USA!!!!

BTW, TV ratings in the US are way up over the 2006 World Cup ratings. Good news for futbol fans everywhere!

Still think it will be England and the US advancing from the group.

Substitute any "Serbia" above with "Slovenia". Serbia is in Group D with Germany. :D

Edited by Mean Green Matt

I'll trust that ESPN can put together a good highlight reel. Based on what I saw, they'd have enough material for a 1 minute segment; 2 minutes if they show more than 1 camera angle of the same 2 plays.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Substitute any "Serbia" above with "Slovenia". Serbia is in Group D with Germany. biggrin.gif

So very sorry.....lost my head there for a moment. "Serbia/Slovenia" .... my mistake.

Come on KRAM, fess up, you were watching a baseball game while posting!

No, actually, I was wide awake...I didn't need anything like a baseball game to put me to sleep. laugh.gif Just "confused" my Eastern Europeans a good bit. Hard to tell them apart without a scorecard these days!

No, actually, I was wide awake...I didn't need anything like a baseball game to put me to sleep. laugh.gif Just "confused" my Eastern Europeans a good bit. Hard to tell them apart without a scorecard these days!

At least confuse Slovakia and Slovenia. the Slovenes would not like being confused with their former Serb masters! LOL