Can The Big 12 Be Saved?

UNTflyer

Can the remaining members, Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa State, Baylor (and possibly Missouri) form a coalition to save the Big 12 conference? I read that 9 members must vote to dissolve the conference. What if they stick together and decide to extend offers to BYU, TCU, SMU and Houston (or, pick whatever teams you think they can get to join)? There is at least a year (possibly 2) before the six teams move west. I find all the talk about the demise of the Big 12 being all but certain a bit premature.

They have to keep a magic number in order to keep their AQ status.

I believe that number is 6, but I have been translating a lot of Greek lately, so I could be wrong.

So if 4 or 5 teams are all that is left of the Big 12, they could in fact invite more teams and keep the B12 name, but they would no longer be an AQ conference.

They have to keep a magic number in order to keep their AQ status.

I believe that number is 6, but I have been translating a lot of Greek lately, so I could be wrong.

So if 4 or 5 teams are all that is left of the Big 12, they could in fact invite more teams and keep the B12 name, but they would no longer be an AQ conference.

I suppose it is a legal point. If the teams don't actually leave for another 12, 18, or 24 months and the Big 12 members decide to extend offers to other schools....

But then I suppose that would require the schools that are leaving to vote in favor of those invitations first, and that would mean they'd have to pay the bailout money, and we know Texas just can't afford $10 million.

---Somthing to consider... but do you think a lot of those Pac-10 teams would look forward to seeing Texas and OU and maybe A&M regularly..?? A lot may not want to invite them. Expensive asnd tough travel when you consider all sports

---Somthing to consider... but do you think a lot of those Pac-10 teams would look forward to seeing Texas and OU and maybe A&M regularly..?? A lot may not want to invite them. Expensive asnd tough travel when you consider all sports

When your childhood sweetheart got married, did you burst into the church an hour after the wedding as the staff was cleaning up and scream "are you sure you want to marry that guy?"