No Mwc Expansion

Of course, Boise's leaving would make it much more likely to be an option.

I don't think Boise staying in the WAC hurts our chances at getting picked up. The Pac 10 has been playing with 10 teams for a long time. Why couldn't the WAC? They do still want us, don't they?

I don't think Boise staying in the WAC hurts our chances at getting picked up. The Pac 10 has been playing with 10 teams for a long time. Why couldn't the WAC? They do still want us, don't they?

They wanted us without losing Boise. I'm sure if we wanted to travel west hard enough, they would let us in.

Edit: Especially if it came down to SWTSUSM, or us.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why would a former Big 12 drop to MWC. TCU and BYU/UTAH would jump ship before Iowa State landed in the Mountains.

The Big 12 leftovers would only join the MWC if their conference officially dissolved and they had no other BCS options.

Or, are the leftovers, say Baylor, Kansas, KSU, & Iowa State still legally considered the Big 12 and can they then invite replacements? Can they invite BYU, Utah, TCU, Colo. St, Air Force, etc. to join and become the "new" Big 12 and gain BCS identity? :blink:

Edited by NT80

Or, are the leftovers, say Baylor, Kansas, KSU, & Iowa State still legally considered the Big 12 and can they then invite replacements? Can they invite BYU, Utah, TCU, Colo. St, Air Force, etc. to join and become the "new" Big 12 and gain BCS identity? blink.gif

See, that's what I was wondering myself. And they'd get to keep their championship shares, wouldn't they?

UNTFLYER, I think Arkstfan addressed this in a different segment. I think he said that if there were only four teams left in a conference they did not get to keep the money from the departing schools or keep the money earned previously by the departing schools. I believe he said that the money and shares would go with the departing schools.

The Big 12 leftovers would only join the MWC if their conference officially dissolved and they had no other BCS options.

Or, are the leftovers, say Baylor, Kansas, KSU, & Iowa State still legally considered the Big 12 and can they then invite replacements? Can they invite BYU, Utah, TCU, Colo. St, Air Force, etc. to join and become the "new" Big 12 and gain BCS identity? :blink:

Going to the MWC would only be beneficial if the NCAA grantee them a bowl birth.

Right after NTSU jumps to CUSA.

I say SWTXSTU-SM and UTSA needs us a hell of a lot more than anyone thinks. They can go it alone in the WAC if they want, but a move up without North Texas or the other FCS school and I think it may be a disaster.

Also, the WAC is more than ready to let La Tech leave to the East. Why would they want to add 1 Texas team at the FCS level? It's going to take a combo of FCS teams or 1 FCS team along with UNT to make that work for the WAC. They'd be taking a huge hit, letting new no-name teams into the league.

It seems as if they don't consider themselves no name. No one who's never stepped foot in texas has heard of SWTXSUSM.

Adding a plethora of Div1-AA schools just gives Boise more fodder to crash the BCS party year in and year out.