The Possibility I See I The Whole Realignment Screw Up

Good point with Auburn-Bama. Maybe they could make it an annual game anyway...unlike the way the Big 12 (and OU) buried the annual OU-Nebraska game.

Think of this...an Auburn-Bama Championship game the week after Iron Bowl!

Of all my hypotheticals that will never come true, it's the OU/A&M to the SEC I like best.

Personally, though, I don't think Texas or Oklahoma really would go to the SEC or Big 10 because neither of them wants to be in a conference where they are challenged every week. Aside from money, that's a big reason those two would go Pac-10 over Big 10 and SEC.

The only real traditional power in the Pac-10 is USC. In the Big 10, Texas would have to face big crowds at Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Iowa (and possibly Notre Dame) year after year. OU wants no part of LSU, etc. year in and year out either. Stoops was 2-2 versus Les Miles when he was at OSU with inferior teams. No way he'd go for the SEC and facing Miles and others with equal athletes.

Right or wrong, I just don't see Texas or Oklahoma jumping into a more competitive kettle.

I too believe that Texas or Oklahoma would have a greater struggle on their hands in the SEC or Big 10 than they do week in and week out in the Big XII. But theres an underlying theme here, and that is that these conferences obviously are more appealing OVERALL (not just on the football field) than the Big XII. Like you and I both said, the Big XII is in trouble. It cannot compete with the Big 10, SEC, Pac 10.