Time For A Realignment Poll

UNTflyer

Wow - lot of pessimists out there.

Explain this comment. People are pessimists for thinking we will likely end up in either a hacked up CUSA or Belt? You really think we could find our way into some watered down BIG 12? My issue with that is who is going to bat for us? Our interim president? Our AD? Do we have any political guns?

Explain this comment. People are pessimists for thinking we will likely end up in either a hacked up CUSA or Belt? You really think we could find our way into some watered down BIG 12? My issue with that is who is going to bat for us? Our interim president? Our AD? Do we have any political guns?

This morning when I made that comment there was only 2 votes for CUSA. The Belt was the runaway leader.

Can we get into a watered down Big 12? Yes, I think we can. But I doubt there will be a Big 12 left to join.

MWC is pretty much off the table now. They'll pick over the carcass of the B12.

C-USA is our best option, with an expanded WAC the 2nd best and most realistic option.

Edited by UNTflyer

This morning when I made that comment there was only 2 votes for CUSA. The Belt was the runaway leader.

Can we get into a watered down Big 12? Yes, I think we can. But I doubt there will be a Big 12 left to join.

MWC is pretty much off the table now. They'll pick over the carcass of the B12.

C-USA is our best option, with an expanded WAC the 2nd best and most realistic option.

You didn't ask what conference we wanted to be in, you asked what conference are we likely to be in. You should do another poll and ask what conference do we want to be in :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd rather take this poll after seeing what the SEC is planning to do. After the Pac 10 news, I'd be surprised if at least one of these conferences isn't out of FBS business by 2012. I'll let you guys debate which of the conferences that could be.

• Upvote 1

I voted CUSA because the Big 12 is going to die, WAC is too far away and also on life support, and the Sun Belt may also perish.

We need info-mation....

You're right about needing more information.

As to whether the Big 12 dies it all depends on Nebraska. If they are not chosen by the Big 10 they have little choice other than to keep the other four members and build with the best that they can get. If not, the remaining five probably go to the MWC or CUSA.

If the Sun Belt doesn't exist there will be several that must play as independents or drop to 1-AA.

I'd rather take this poll after seeing what the SEC is planning to do. After the Pac 10 news, I'd be surprised if at least one of these conferences isn't out of FBS business by 2012. I'll let you guys debate which of the conferences that could be.

I'm going with the WAC. Now that Boise is off the table for the MWC, the WAC will retain its standing as the second best non AQ. I feel the gap between the WAC and C-USA could widen in the years to come. The WAC can now afford to focus on strengthening its conference, while C-USA could be focusing on rebuilding its eastern division. 5 years from now, Houston and UTEP could both be looking at separating from the Texas private schools and forming an eastern division of a WAC that is by then considerably stronger then C-USA. 5 years from now, we might be left out.