Additions To The Football Roster

Data gathered about walk ons:

DE Brandon McCoy - 6'2 260-270 (look at video posted above): 24 year old Iraq veteran. This guy could be the real deal.

LB Nick Crewe - 6'3 215 Woodlands All dist 2nd team: Good size

LB Khary Alexcee - Clear Springs Hm all district

LB Drew Miller - 6'2 225 Prosper District MV Def player

DB Connor Higgins - 6' 175 Graham All District wide receiver

DB Jimmy Reynolds - 6'3 165 Grand Prairie, good frame from great town

McCoy and Miller based on very limited knowledge look like good bets.

Holy jebus McCoy has some serious guns going! He certainly looks the part, I wonder how his speed is though. This could be a real steal for us. You have to think that his age and background is a huge plus on and off the field.

It certainly worked for JJ with Rich Young.

Young's journey takes him from Iraq to NCAA tourney

Incline dumbbell press with 120lbs on each arm may be stronger than Babe The Big Blue Ox. Yowza.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't make too much of that in today's college football world. The players are so big, strong, and fast that it's scary. I'd bet you there's hundreds of college players out there who can execute that same lift.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't make too much of that in today's college football world. The players are so big, strong, and fast that it's scary. I'd bet you there's hundreds of college players out there who can execute that same lift.

But, how many of those play for UNT?????

Do you spend much time in the gym? Incline is the toughest bench to do. Dumbbell incline even tougher. The fact that he is doing 120Lb dumbbells is impressive. I don't doubt that there are other players who can do that lift but to say hundreds when there are over 10,000 scholarship FB players proves the point - That ain't easy.

Do you spend much time in the gym? Incline is the toughest bench to do. Dumbbell incline even tougher. The fact that he is doing 120Lb dumbbells is impressive. I don't doubt that there are other players who can do that lift but to say hundreds when there are over 10,000 scholarship FB players proves the point - That ain't easy.

I've spent a lot of time in the gym during the time of playing high school, collegiate, and professional athletics (unfortunately, once the career was over that time has been reduced significantly) and get the whole incline thing. I don't think we need to make a big deal about a prospective UNT football player lifting 120lb dumbbells is all I'm saying. That's happening in every weight room in the country, including Juco, DIII, DII, DI, and NAIA. I'm not discounting the abilities of this player, but the fact of the matter is the fanbase should not be wowed by this. This falls in line with the 'small-time' mindset. Walk in TCU's weight room down the highway. I guarantee you all of their DE's can execute that same lift, and then some.

• Upvote 2

I've spent a lot of time in the gym during the time of playing high school, collegiate, and professional athletics (unfortunately, once the career was over that time has been reduced significantly) and get the whole incline thing. I don't think we need to make a big deal about a prospective UNT football player lifting 120lb dumbbells is all I'm saying. That's happening in every weight room in the country, including Juco, DIII, DII, DI, and NAIA. I'm not discounting the abilities of this player, but the fact of the matter is the fanbase should not be wowed by this. This falls in line with the 'small-time' mindset. Walk in TCU's weight room down the highway. I guarantee you all of their DE's can execute that same lift, and then some.

What pro sports did you play?