Stadium Images At Square

New Football Stadium Images at UNT on the Square this Thursday!

The Mean Green Athletic Department is heading downtown on Thursday, June 3rd! Join several athletic department representatives at the new “UNT on the Square” location for an exhibit featuring the latest architectural renderings of the new football stadium. This event will run from 5pm – 8pm at 109 N. Elm Street on Denton’s historic downtown square. This is in conjunction with the weekly Twilight Tunes series that is co-sponsored by the Junior Mean Green Club.

The football stadium construction is well underway, but this exhibit will give fans and interested parties a chance to see what the final product will look like. HKS Architects and Manhattan Construction, who combined to design and build the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, are completing the new Mean Green football stadium which is scheduled to open in September of 2011. Information on tickets, club level seats, luxury suites and more will be available at the “UNT on the Square” event which is free and open to the public.

• Upvote 3

My bride and I went. It was a very nice event with some food and drinks being provided. The walls of the room were set up with easels and various drawings and photos of the stadium. "Final" images were not changed from what we have seen previously. I was told that the stadium would "open" with seating near the 35,000 range. I think that's been bantered about enough. Talked to RV for a good bit of time. He said he is very very busy with the construction and that things are progressing very well. Cooper was there doing his thing to sell seats and get folks revved up about the stadium and all it means to UNT and the community. Hank was there, but I failed to notice any coaches around while we were in the room but we were there early...around 5:45-6:30PM and then we took off for the Square across the street to enjoy a bit of the "Music on the Square" Thursday night event. Saw several fellow GMG.com folks at the event.

All in all it was very nice and well done. I am very glad to see UNT getting "out and about" with this sort of thing. It was a very nice way to let the Denton Community (those perhaps not so close to the program) see what the new stadium is all about. We had a great chat with RV and Cooper. If you can't get excited about what this new stadium means for UNT and Denton, then you must have a very hard time getting excited about anything.

Anyway, nice event. Thanks to RV and the dept. for getting it set up. Oh, BTW, there were UNT cheerleaders manning (or should I say "lady'ing") the door to UNT on the Square. I thought that was a nice touch. Thanks to the Cheer squad members for turning out and helping as well.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

My bride and I went. It was a very nice event with some food and drinks being provided. The walls of the room were set up with easels and various drawings and photos of the stadium. "Final" images were not changed from what we have seen previously. I was told that the stadium would "open" with seating near the 35,000 range. I think that's been bantered about enough. Talked to RV for a good bit of time. He said he is very very busy with the construction and that things are progressing very well. Cooper was there doing his thing to sell seats and get folks revved up about the stadium and all it means to UNT and the community. Hank was there, but I failed to notice any coaches around while we were in the room but we were there early...around 5:45-6:30PM and then we took off for the Square across the street to enjoy a bit of the "Music on the Square" Thursday night event. Saw several fellow GMG.com folks at the event.

All in all it was very nice and well done. I am very glad to see UNT getting "out and about" with this sort of thing. It was a very nice way to let the Denton Community (those perhaps not so close to the program) see what the new stadium is all about. We had a great chat with RV and Cooper. If you can't get excited about what this new stadium means for UNT and Denton, then you must have a very hard time getting excited about anything.

Anyway, nice event. Thanks to RV and the dept. for getting it set up. Oh, BTW, there were UNT cheerleaders manning (or should I say "lady'ing") the door to UNT on the Square. I thought that was a nice touch. Thanks to the Cheer squad members for turning out and helping as well.

GO MEAN GREEN!

was there any sort of "advertising" for this event for the residents of denton? i'm not real familiar with this event and didn't know if this was directed mainly at students/alum.

was there any sort of "advertising" for this event for the residents of denton? i'm not real familiar with this event and didn't know if this was directed mainly at students/alum.

Yes, there were several ads placed in the Denton Record Chronicle including one up to the day of the event. In addition all Mean green Club members should have received at least two emails from Jon describing events taking place. The event was mentioned in at least two of these email notices. It was an open event and the ads indicated as such. In this case, I really cannot fault the effort in trying to get folks to know about the event.

Kram did you see where the jumbo-tron was moved to? Is it rectangular now instead of a winged version? Thanks for the info.

Sorry, really didn't notice that. SUMG, greenjoe and several other GMG.com members were in attendance, so perhaps one of them can shed more light on this subject for you. I believe it was mentioned in another thread that the jumbotron had been moved to the other end of the stadium. But, sorry, I really do not know the definitive answer.

Yes, there were several ads placed in the Denton Record Chronicle including one up to the day of the event. In addition all Mean green Club members should have received at least two emails from Jon describing events taking place. The event was mentioned in at least two of these email notices. It was an open event and the ads indicated as such. In this case, I really cannot fault the effort in trying to get folks to know about the event.

i knew about the emails to mgc members and the university, but was wondering how/if they were using these type events to get residents of the area interested in nt. sounds like they are. thanks for answering.

I got e-mails promoting this event almost ot the point of over kill.

Hank told me that the jumbotron was moved to the south endzone ( athletic dept side) to focus all attention toward the end the Mean Green would come out. The tunnell I only recently noticed, on the press box side, will be provide field access to two locker rooms on that side. Probably for high school teams. The visitor's dressing room will be on the east or non-press box side.

It was a good event and a lot of people were there. Good outreach for the Athletic Dept.

GO MEAN GREEN

Buy Season Tickets

Contribute to the new stadium. We wanted it. Now it's here. Time to ante' up.

Edited by greenjoe

This was part of Denton's Twilight Tunes, an annual spring even that occurs every Thursday evening on the Square.

Yeah....the Jumbotron scoreboard will now be at the front of what is currently the deck on the Athletic Center. There will still be a small auxillary scoreboard....above the Wing (in the other end). I think this will be great.