Help!

DeepGreen

Can someone provide me to the link on the subject jof the Army game? And maybe those traveling to the game. Seems like a hard game to attend when you consider lodging and air. Like, where does one fly into?? Besides NYC, where can a fan stay that's close by?

:blink:

Probably doesnt help Deep but I am taking my family to NYC for the first time, and going to the game as part of the 3+ day weekend. Using points!

But when I was looking at alternatives, I think the Army athletics website had some transportation options, including trains from NYC, flights into nearby towns (across the river from West Point), etc. The drive from NYC is less than 2 hours, if I recall correctly.

gmg

If you want to avoid NYC altogether (though your cheapest flights would probably be into NYC or Newark), White Plains (I think its called Westchester) Airport would probably be your best bet...less than an hour's drive to West Point from there (and driving up the Palisades Parkway is both lovely and unoccupied by semis and trailers and the like).

There are hotels...well more motels and inns...in both Fort Montgomery and Highland Falls to the south of West Point. Also Bear Mountain Lodge is very nice and I imagine offering decent off-peak rates.

I live in the NYC Area. The best airport to fly into would be Stewart International (SWF) or Westchester(HPN). Westchester would be a bit further from Westpoint, but much closer to the city if you're making a vacation out of the trip. There should be a fair amount of hotels in the area wherever you decide to land. Hope that helps you out.

I live in the NYC Area. The best airport to fly into would be Stewart International (SWF) or Westchester(HPN). Westchester would be a bit further from Westpoint, but much closer to the city if you're making a vacation out of the trip. There should be a fair amount of hotels in the area wherever you decide to land. Hope that helps you out.

It's been quite a while but I believe that Newburgh (Stewart) is served by Jet Blue and maybe others. There are at least a dozen chain motels/hotels in the area. It's about a dozen miles north of Michie.

It's been quite a while but I believe that Newburgh (Stewart) is served by Jet Blue and maybe others. There are at least a dozen chain motels/hotels in the area. It's about a dozen miles north of Michie.

You really don't want any part of Stewart these days, the airlines have very limited service and tend to cancel flights, you are still better off going into Newark. I don't know much about the service at Westchester but I know Newark is pretty dang easy to get in and out of.

You really don't want any part of Stewart these days, the airlines have very limited service and tend to cancel flights, you are still better off going into Newark. I don't know much about the service at Westchester but I know Newark is pretty dang easy to get in and out of.

Westchester is serviced by pretty much all major airlines. It's the only airport I'll fly in and out of anymore. If you're planning to stay in the city, then JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark are you best options. Westchester is far smaller than those airports, however, there is no traffic, rarely a flight delay, and it's only a 10 minute cab ride to the nearest Metro North train Station. (You can get just about anywhere on the Metro North. http://mta.info/mnr/html/mnrmap.htm)

Our group is flying into Newark, getting our rental car, and heading north. The team is staying at The Hilton at Woodcliff Lake in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey. It is about 33 miles from West Point. Mapsco says it is a 46 minute drive. It is through some very pretty country. With a noon kickoff it might be possible to fly back home early Saturday evening. One note of caution, however. Parking at West Point is not the best and will probably be tighter since our last trip there. We had to wait a very long time after the game for a shuttle to pick us up to take us back to the parking lot. Figure that into your time frame. I hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did the one last time.

Edited by Huff