Brandon Reed Transferrring !

NT03

Sorry but I don't think a less competitive Sunbelt is anything to get excited about. I am disappointed to see him leave the SBC. If we want to win a game in the tourney, we will need to have a hyper-competitive SBC with top notch players.

• Upvote 1

Sorry but I don't think a less competitive Sunbelt is anything to get excited about. I am disappointed to see him leave the SBC. If we want to win a game in the tourney, we will need to have a hyper-competitive SBC with top notch players.

That's exactly the way I saw it. It's definitely a worse break for ASU, but I don't see it as a "huge break" for us.

That's exactly the way I saw it. It's definitely a worse break for ASU, but I don't see it as a "huge break" for us.

It doesn't happen often, but we agree. Bad break for UNT because its a bad break for Sun Belt basketball...big picture here, people

I noticed FAU signed someone which means someone had to have left...they lost 2, G/F Sanchez Hughley (9.9ppg, 4.4rpg) and F Chris Watson (injured last season).

This is significant b/c the player FAU has signed, Dennis Mavin is graded an 85, tied for the 6th best signing in the conference...and it appears they may be the front-runner to land Ray Shipman, former Mr. Florida basketball who transfered from Florida at the end of last season.

The Shipman rumor seems to have more legs than any of the potential UNT transfers (Babb, Morgan) talked about this off-season. Many of the K. State fans were much more keen on landing Shipman than Babb...though I never understood why. Shipman to the Belt, and forming a guard rotation with the likes of Gantt, Taylor and Mavin would be lethal in this conference.

ASU still has Bryant and Finn and Allison...and should get Donald Boone back if he gets his summer classwork finished...they also signed a solid freshman PG and has a wing named Kinley Branch who redshirted last season and had verballed to George Washington before opting to go to ASU. Losing Reed hurts, but they still have a ton of talent returning.

• Upvote 1

Shipman to the Belt, and forming a guard rotation with the likes of Gantt, Taylor and Mavin would be lethal in this conference.

I already thought they were the biggest threat for the next 2 years out of the East... Sounds like that Jarvis fellow has been having sweet dreams and restful sleep on his magical pillow.

Winning a weak Sun Belt in a 68 team tournament....makes our chances of being in a play-in game....very realistic.

I really wish that they would just give the top 4 seeds 1st rd byes , then start it out 2 vs 17 , etc.

Not sure if they format has been set , but that would be ideal & eliminate the dreaded " play in" game

Edited by NT03

I really wish that they would just give the top 4 seeds 1st rd byes , then start it out 2 vs 17 , etc.

Not sure if they format has been set , but that would be ideal & eliminate the dreaded " play in" game

Recruiting tactic: "We won an NCAA tourney game."

That plan has one problem that I see: At the end of the first round....you have 36 teams left.