Premonition - Unt To Sec

An Angel of God appeared to me in my cubicle today. With him he had 2 golden plates which shone as bright as the sun. On the left plate was written SEC WEST and on the right plate SEC EAST.

He handed me the plates and told me all other speculation was wrong and I was to spread the good word on NCAA conference expansion.

On the SEC WEST plate was written:

Arkansas

Houston

LSU

Ole Miss

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Mississippi State

North Texas

I said to the Angel. "You must be wrong. Why are Houston and North Texas on this list? Surely they are not worthy?"

The Angel stated "For Texas and Texas A&M shall leave to the PAC -10. No school worth having from the ACC will desire to join the SEC so the conference must look westward for large TV markets. There will be much sadness and gnashing of teeth in Waco and Lubbock."

"But..but...TCU" I said. The angel admonished me stating "TCU is too strong a football program with too little television appeal. A weaker team with much more upside is desired. Also, purple is abhorrent to the Lord."

On the SEC EAST plate was written:

Alabama

Auburn

Florida

Georgia

Kentucky

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

To the Angel I exclaimed, "That conference is insane. That makeup is much too strong." The angel replied "Yes, but the Lord shall permit their male alum to marry their sisters...all of them. There will be no opposition." With that the angel disappeared.

This is a true testimony.

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

An Angel of God appeared to me in my cubicle today. With him he had 2 golden plates which shone as bright as the sun. On the left plate was written SEC WEST and on the right plate SEC EAST.

He handed me the plates and told me all other speculation was wrong and I was to spread the good word on NCAA conference expansion.

Arkansas

Houston

LSU

Ole Miss

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Mississippi State

North Texas

I said to the Angel. "You must be wrong. Why are Houston and North Texas on this list? Surely they are not worthy?"

The Angel stated "For Texas and Texas A&M shall leave to the PAC -10. No school worth having from the ACC will desire to join the SEC so the conference must look westward for large TV markets. There will be much sadness and gnashing of teeth in Waco and Lubbock."

"But..but...TCU" I said. The angel admonished me stating "TCU is too strong a football program with too little television appeal. A weaker team with much more upside is desired. Also, purple is abhorrent to the Lord."

Alabama

Auburn

Florida

Georgia

Kentucky

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

To the Angel I exclaimed, "That conference is insane. That makeup is much too strong." The angel replied "Yes, but the Lord shall permit their male alum to marry their sisters...all of them. There will be no opposition." With that the angel disappeared.

I had a dream last night.........that UNT played OU opening game (Nathan started at QB) and we only lost 14-7. I remember waking up so happy that UNT could at least not get blown-out by a team like OU.....life was good.....until I went to work.

Edited by All About UNT

Arkansas

Houston

LSU

Ole Miss

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Mississippi State

North Texas

Alabama

Auburn

Florida

Georgia

Kentucky

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

I'll give you a +1 for sheer audacity. I still say there's no reason our football program can't be held in as much awe as our music program. I can just see it; music school alums speaking reverentially about the Music School after their performances in church on Sunday mornings, sportscasters talking about (put name here) out of North Texas on Sunday afternoons during the football season.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

Arkansas

Houston

LSU

Ole Miss

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Mississippi State

North Texas

Alabama

Auburn

Florida

Georgia

Kentucky

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

I made the same case for North Texas and Houston going to the SEC a few weeks ago, though not as biblically as you. With our size and T.V. markets, UNT and UH would be the best option if the SEC is thinking of their best interest 15 or 20 years from now. Having to compete with the SEC for top recruits and fans in markets that have been almost exclucive to the Big 12 would be another blow, in addition to losing teams like Missouri, or Colorado.

Edited by Side Show Joe

Heathen. Be prepared for my full 4 part series.

2. The (Big) 10 commandments.

3. The sermon on the Mount(ain West)

4. Onan spills his seed: How conference realignment will affect the NCAA Basketball Tourney.

I know it's too early to call this, that a thread can't be judged based on just one strong season, that you have to evaluate its entire career, etc etc.

But, this has all the makings of a possible Hall of Fame career. Train hard in the offseason, ignore the groupies, and only put GMG approved kool-aid into your system, and this is going places.

Who exactly is in awe of our music program? What other schools even have a music program?

Are you serious? Most universities have music programs, but very few of them would be fit to hold UNT's spitty mouthpiece. No university has the Grammy nominations/awards that the UNT jazz studies program has. There is no university that can touch our drum line. In the state of Texas, both UT and Rice have good music programs, but not in the same class as UNT. University of Miami (FL) and Indiana have excellent music programs that could be classed with UNT (with different strengths), but that's about it among universities in America.