Early Look At Sun Belt Bowl Picture

Oh, so little faith in the Mean green from Watson. The Mean Green will just have to prove him wrong on the field. I do, however, agree that the defense is where the Mean green must improve this season to make a run at a bowl game. Can they do it? Yep, can do, and I am thinking that we'll see a much improved defense on the field this season.

GO MEAN GREEN!

From the outside looking in it is hard to make any prediction other than the one he made. I personally expect to see a huge amount of improvement, but even if we hit the 6 or 7 win mark, will it be enough for a bowl in a conference where on paper many teams seem to be considerably better than us? I doubt it.

...we'd have to have a real break-out year on the scale that even the most die-hard kool-aid drinker on these forms would find a bit outlandish.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but it will take a year where all of our expectations are blow to shreds in order for it to happen, IMHO.

Thanks for the link, MG61!

I find it funny that the writer says the defense is not going to change overnight. I mean hell, we have only been working on it for 4 years. Every team will be looking for changes will happen with the offense. I say so much more will be in store for the D.

From their article on "BCS responds to Hatch; revenue sharing"...

"It’s interesting to note that the commissioners of the five nonautomatic qualifying conferences will meet in June to discuss, among other things, a new revenue distribution plan since the last agreement expired this past season."