Gmg.com Basketball Game

KRAM1

So, being the glutton for punishment that I must surly be, I was talking to my bride after the just concluded GMG.com Bowl 7 game, that maybe we should have a GMG.Com Basketball game as well. No need to worry about the weather for this one, so one variable is out.

I would be willing to put something together if there is enough interest. I would think we could reserve a court at the UNT rec center, get some refs and get it on. Could use the proceeds for additional funding to the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship or start a new fund more basketball related.

As far as tailgating goes for this, we could adjourn to a local watering hole for after-game merriment....such as the very UNT supportive Pourhouse or someplace closer to UNT. Maybe get some discounted drinks, etc.

I know it's early, but just wanted to gage interest before I go any further out on the proverbial limb with this.

What do you think? Do we have enough BB folks, co-ed, of course, who might be interested? I would think sometime during Jan. or Feb. for this event, and on a Saturday afternoon.

What say you?

I remember a few years ago someone posted the story of a former NT basketball player(whose name escapes me) who had been paralyzed during a practice back in the mid 70's (I think). I would say sending him money would be a worthy cause if one were looking for such a thing.

Edited by CMJ

I remember a few years ago someone posted the story of a former NT basketball player(whose name escapes me) who had been paralyzed during a practice back in the mid 70's (I think). I would say sending him money would be a worthy cause if one were looking for such a thing.

Perhaps a scholarship in his name at UNT rather than just sending someone the cash. Open for discussion for sure. CMJ, would you be willing to participate in the game? Wanting to gauge interest in the game first, details we can certainly work out if we, in fact, have enough solid interest to pursue the game.

Herb Larkin is the former player you referenced. He lives in New York, I think. Seems to me that someone on this board has contact with him. He was paralized during a pick-up game at the Men's Gym (Now Bahnsen Gym). I was there and witnessed it. Of course, we had no idea at the time the extent of his injuries. I think, as my memory serves me, that the game was made up of mostly NT players playing a game in the off season. There might already be a Herb Larkin scholarship fund...I am not sure.

Uh, no. There are some reasons why I didn't play basketball in high school. You know, little things like not being good at dribbling, shooting, jumping to go along with being short. Now I am average size, but still don't shoot, jump, or dribble well.

A lot of youth basketball leagues play on Saturday. Something to think about as you look for a date, because even if I decided to go out and embarrass myself I would probably have a kid’s game for a conflict.

Edited by Army of Dad

Uh, no. There are some reasons why I didn't play basketball in high school. You know, little things like not being good at dribbling, shooting, jumping to go along with being short. Now I am average size, but still don't shoot, jump, or dribble well.

A lot of youth basketball leagues play on Saturday. Something to think about as you look for a date, because even if I decided to go out and embarrass myself I would probably have a kid’s game for a conflict.

Army of Dad...excellent point about the kids games...will keep that in mind. Appreciate the help.

It is looking like there just might be enough interest to get this thing going. I'll start doing some preliminary work and let everyone know if it works out...if anyone has ideas for dates/times that might be better than others based on experience, just PM me.

Also...if we have folks interested in helping or being a team coach, etc. please PM me...can't have too much help or too many volunteers.

Please keep posting your interest level and ideas. Plenty of time to make things work.

I still have mine...though if we're doing this I'm playing with you so we'd have to combine it with Pink Funk...Pink Bukkake, maybe? That could be hot

Pink socks?

• Upvote 1

Wow.

Makes me want to bake a strawberry shortcake for your mom.

Well that's awfully nice of you.

And for the record, this whole game sounds more awesome than a nice, warm Hot Pocket in the middle of an Alabama summer.