Cusa 16 Thread

Starts with an article then 16 teams discussed in thread.

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=435523

Banowsky revealed Monday that C-USA looked last year at the possibility of adding four teams as preemptive expansion, sending the idea up to the school presidents for consideration. Though the idea was eventually shot down, the league will continue to consider its options, especially as it renegotiates its television contract.

Edited by MeanGreen61

CUSA may need a lot of options. While I like Tallgrass' lineup, I have serious doubts that all of those teams will be available when the dust clears.

There are as many as four teams trying very hard to vacate themselves from CUSA. They now think that the conference is beneath them. If UCF and East Carolina, especially, are able to get in the ACC then the east is pretty well done for. Marshall could stay but I'm having doubts. They may have to take North Texas, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana and NMSU just to stay at 12. There could be no members east of Birmingham.

It's funny to me that SMU simply cannot stand to mention our name in any expansion thread.

CUSA may need a lot of options. While I like Tallgrass' lineup, I have serious doubts that all of those teams will be available when the dust clears.

There are as many as four teams trying very hard to vacate themselves from CUSA. They now think that the conference is beneath them. If UCF and East Carolina, especially, are able to get in the ACC then the east is pretty well done for. Marshall could stay but I'm having doubts. They may have to take North Texas, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana and NMSU just to stay at 12. There could be no members east of Birmingham.

It's funny to me that SMU simply cannot stand to mention our name in any expansion thread.

as long as S.M.Who thinks they control the local market, they would probably vote for u.t.s.a. before us.

"From the USA board)

Marshall

ECU

UAB

Memphis

UCF

USM

Temple

Ohio

UTEP

SMU

Rice

Tulane

Houston

Tulsa

Louisiana

Arkansas St"

This alignment makes sense. Money wise and travel wise. Why not. Maybe throw in UNT, but this craziness of playing FAU/FIU is not getting us anymore TV time or recruits. Lets keep it close to home and play some better teams.

Edited by GreenStreet

I like this proposed scenerio, with Troy, ULL, Ark St, and NMSU being alternates if CUSA schools move out:

I think that we should do this ASAP. If UCF and Memphis leave then we stay at 14, if more leave then we stay at 12. It would be a lot easier to get back to 12 after everything goes down if we only have to add 1 or 2 schools. I would be happy if in 2011 C-USA looked like this:

East

Marshall (Potential BE school if there is no one else to get)

ECU (Potential BE school)

UCF (Potential BE school)

UAB

Memphis (Potential BE school)

WKU

MTSU

So. Miss

West

Houston (Potential MWC school)

Rice

SMU

UTEP (Potential MWC school)

Tulsa

Tulane

La. Tech

UNT

Edited by NT80

It's amazing how many people in that thread...don't want to add a current FBS member from their own state. We have UTEP, Rice and Houston guys against us; several Memphis fans are against MTSU.

I think, in this day and age of oil uncertainty...it's utterly ridiculous to have these wide spread leagues. One day if gas gets back up to $4 a gallon (or more)....the leagues are gonna be wasting a lot of travel money for no reason.

• Upvote 1