Could The Dominos Start To Fall This Week ?

I suppose it hinges on the definition of "about to fall."

Any expansion is not at the whim of a sommissioner or the athletic directors. They can only recommend. It's up to the presidents and chancellors to put any plan into action. Maybe cooler heads will prevail but I doubt it.

This is either about Notre Dame or greed.

To me it's a power play to force Notre Dame into the Big 10. I'm with them on that. There should be no independents in the FBS. Just because you have the most storied franchise in history shouldn't mean that you can ignore the rest of the members.

If the want to be in the Big East...fine. Or in CUSA; that's okay too. (Someone joked that if they were in CUSA it would improve their strength of schedule if they turn down the Big 10).

While I believe that everyone has the right to choose their conference; they should be in a conference. That includes Army and Navy.

Mostly though, this seems to be a case of greed. How many marbles can I accumulate at the expense of those not in power? I can't believe that $22 million per member is not enough. They're now talking about doubling it. Where does it stop? How about just being the best while playing within the rules that everyone has to follow? The Association is powerless to do anything about it.

Anyway, no domino will fall this week but I believe that the toppling will happen in the next few weeks if Delany can get the presidents to act.