Boise State, Mountain West On The Clock

Boise will not stay in the WAC if offered by the MWC. However, one scenerio I saw for a 16-team PAC10 model had Boise going there. They will take their time accepting (by July 1) waiting to see what else may come around, but no way they stay in the WAC.

My biggest fear is Boise going to the MWC and then the MWC qualifying for AQ status as a conference. This will set the tone for the final AQ conference and FBS football as we know it. The rest of the conferences, SBC, MAC, WAC, and CUSA will no longer matter on the national stage.

Edited by DeepGreen

My biggest fear is Boise going to the MWC and then the MWC qualifying for AQ status as a conference. This will set the tone for the final AQ conference and FBS football as we know it. The rest of the conferences, SBC, MAC, WAC, and CUSA will no longer matter on the national stage.

You actually think that any of the mentioned conferences matter on the national stage now?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You actually think that any of the mentioned conferences matter on the national stage now?

Currently, only to the point where a non-BCS can qualify to play in one of the top bowl games. Boise St, TCU, etc., last year come to mind. I'm talking about a mega-BCS made up of the Big 10, Big 12, Big East, ACC, SEC, MWC, and the PAC, each with 14 or 16 members, and controlling TV, bowl games, etc.

Boise to MWC would help the MWC become a BCS contender. However, over rated OU and disappointed bowl selection TCU, should not propel Boise to the national championship consideration.

although as far as tv time and payouts are concerned, why would Boise turn down the MWC?