Tonight's Game

Buford_Julep

We have to contain Hector Romero in order to have a chance at a win tonight. He is a short, but ultra quick post man. Chances are JJ will alternate players and defenses to try to slow him down.

I would like to see Ty Thomas given a chance to try to guard Romero. I saw Thomas play three games in high school. He played post then, and was really good at fronting his man.

The game should be fun because of N.O.'s coach Monty Towe. He is a loudmouth who always has something to say. You can't miss him. He stands on the court almost the whole game.

lol...Monte has only worn the trademark tshirt and sportcoat once this year. His new "signature" outfit this year has been black pants, black shirt, and black tie.

I look forward to a good game tonight. I'll be at the women's game listening to the men on the radio. I'll come back tonight and give youa report on the ladies.

Hector ate the Mean Green alive in the first half of the first meeting scoring 22 points. I'm sure Coach Jones and the players will have a better plan to at least slow him down. He did get held to 6 points in the 2nd half of that game. Slowing him down is the key, not stopping him. In 52 games at UNO, he has scored in double figures 52 times. Unreal.

The real key to our squad is the play of point guard AJ Meredith. Last year as a soph, he played lights out and led us to 10 wins in our last 12 games. As a junior this year, he has been VERY inconsistent. When he plays well, we play well. Simple.

The other factor coming in on our side is that we are 0-10 this year on the road. That has to end sometime...right?!

Good luck, after tonight of course. No injuries!

UNO!!

Yeah...the Little Rock media really played up our game up there. They made it out to be some kind of wrestling event instead of a college basketball game. They gave away tickets directly behind the UNO bench. The only way you could get them, though, was to harrass Monte all night. The "sports editor" of the local rag up there also wrote up a huge article. He completely lied about the "incident" last year at UNO to make Monte look like he hated the entire city of Little ROck and entire state of Arkansas. It brought out all the yahoos that were just there looking to cause trouble. The result is that our team was subject to racial slurs all game long, Monte had his jacket stolen, and someone threw something from the crowd at one point. Not a pleasant night for college athletics.

UALR shouldn't take a hit for this, though. As one UALR fan put it after the game, the techniques used by the local media in promoting the game were "idiot baiting" of the worst kind. And it worked...these fools that came out to cause the trouble probably didn't know anything about UALR or UNO. They just heard the buildup and thought they would go see and/or cause a fight.

When they played UALR earlier this year he took hic sportcoat off and someone stole it. UALR has been asking for someone to return it. I asked a friend who live in Little Rock about it and he said whoever it was took it during the game.

UALR is really a class organization blink.gif

Let's see:

1. Their coach attacks some fans.

2. Their players shoot the bird at fans in the stands.

3. Their fans steal the opposing coach's jacket.

They should be proud.

UALR is really a class organization blink.gif

Let's see:

1. Their coach attacks some fans.

2. Their players shoot the bird at fans in the stands.

3. Their fans steal the opposing coach's jacket.

They should be proud.

Great stuff. laugh.gif

Speaking quickly about the Ladies, I think they have a real shot tonight. I'll be flipping between games.