Gmg.com Bowl 7

KRAM1

Can't believe we are now on the eve of the event. Everything seems to be in place, so I wanted to provide the details once again.

Date: SATURDAY, May 15th

Time: Kick-off at 3:00PM - I will arrive around 2PM as am told the gate will be open at 2PM. May need some help setting out the markers for the field if anyone else cares to arrive a bit early. If not, I'll get my bride to help. Forced labor is often expensive later, however!

Cost: $25.00 per player - cash preferred, but check OK (no credit cards)...watching is Free...we encourage "fans" to come-all welcome!

Location: UNT Soccer Complex/field - Bonnie Brae (old Liberty HS Stadium) - across from the athletic center and new stadium

Bring your own tailgate "goodies", and if you can bring some to share with those who can't bring stuff or who show up to watch, etc.

All proceeds go to the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship...additional donations gladly accepted.

Game is "On" rain or shine...so please show up regardless of the weather. I do have an alternative site lined up with an artificial turf field should the weather conditions deteriorate such that we simply cannot use UNT facilities.

Thanks again to our sponsors:

Tune Family (yes, THAT Tune family)

Scott Hall and Matheus Lumber

Mark & Susan Miller

Smitty - for the great artwork on the logo

Anonymous

Let's have a great time and raise a bit of money for the scholarship...MEANGREENBOWL 7 is ON!!!! See you Saturday/tomorrow.

Edited by KRAM1

Game on! See everyone at 3:00PM today (hopefully a bit before 3 so we can sort all the game day details before kick-off at 3PM)...if you need to contact me for any reason you can try my cell phone...I'll try to have it with me and even turned on (which, if you know me you know that is a very rare thing indeed).

Cell number is 972-528-8567

Game on! See everyone at 3:00PM today (hopefully a bit before 3 so we can sort all the game day details before kick-off at 3PM)...if you need to contact me for any reason you can try my cell phone...I'll try to have it with me and even turned on (which, if you know me you know that is a very rare thing indeed).

Cell number is 972-528-8567

it's gonna be a great day!!!

Indeed it is!

BTW...I have received notice that UNT88 has pulled a muscle in his back and will be unable to play today...in fact he can barely get out of bed...so, send your best wishes to UNT88 for a speedy recovery. We will miss him today, but I'll have an adult beverage in his honor!

Green Team Wins!! Great weather great event!! thanks to Kram for all his hard work and also our sponsors. Also big shout out to Scott Hall and Andy Blount for bring a part. Also big shout out to UNT Flyer for being an outstanding official! More Details to come!!

2004102209.jpg

Upon further review it is clear the Green team had not only stepped out of bounds before the TD that allowed them to go up by 24, but the player did not have possession of the ball.

Congrats to the Green team, but I would like the score adjusted accordingly.

Edited by GreenStreet

Thanks to Kram, UNT Flyer, and all of the sponsors (and to our 2 esteemed former players for coming out). I had a great time and enjoyed meeting lots of folks.

Congrats to the Green Team -- next year *will* be a different story... cool.gif

Now time for Alleve and bed ...

• Upvote 1

Well, I guess someone has to post it...might as well be the "commissioner"...

Green Team 40 - White Team 26, but whose counting?

The very good news is that the game raised $1400.00 AFTER expenses for the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship. I believe that to be one of the largest amounts to date, so my thanks to one and all for a great event. Cannot believe what great weather we had after the dire forecasts, but you know, there just can't be rain on the GMG.com Bowl!!!

I cannot wait to see the photos of the event. Actually has a professional photographer out for the game (thanks UNT 90) who took a ton of photos, so the truth will come out in photos.

Thanks to all our sponsors, to all who played and to those who provided additional scholarship monies yesterday at the game.

Thanks to the families and friends who came out to watch the game, and to provide the GREAT brisket for everyone after the game. Cannot forget the excellent links being shared as well. Plenty of food and adult beverages to share after the game made for a super end to a super day.

The photo of the stadium that KingDL1 took from the air last Saturday was great and I went to the deck at the athletic facility after the game for a new look-see of the stadium. man, lots of work, and it is really looking great. I took the stadium photo over to RV's house after the game and he was very pleased to get the photo, but seemed disappointed that he didn't know about the game. He said he would have liked to have stopped by, and also said he would help with next year's game if we wanted to try to round up some more "exes" like Scott and Andy for the game. He was very appreciative of the photo from KingDL1 and very grateful for the donation to the scholarship fund.

OK, how do I lean to cook brisket like yesterday's? And, I have to get some of those links that UNT90 was cooking...Links, brisket, beer and football with the Mean Green Nation...it just doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks so much to everyone for making this event so much fun and so successful. I can't wait for GMG.Com Bowl 8. It will be even bigger and better I am sure!

We'll get some photos posted here soon...BTW, Scott hall can still throw and Andy can still catch...I think my bride has a crush on Andy!!!!!

• Upvote 2

it certainly was a fabulously fun day and we were blessed with no rain!!! that total is astonishing!!! some people went above and beyond the "fee" to pay...good job guys.

football, beer, and fun...fabulous stinking day!!!

thanks for putting this game together!

• Upvote 1

OK, folks, did the best I could in adding some photos from the event. These are not, obviously, the professionally done photos that I hope to see one day soon, but the ones my bride and I took with our little digital camera. But, I think you can see that a good time was had by all.

Thanks to everyone...great day...great folks!

GO MEAN GREEN!

DSC00202.JPGDSC00203.JPGDSC00204.JPGDSC00205.JPGDSC00207.JPGDSC00209.JPGDSC00210.JPGDSC00211.JPGDSC00212.JPGDSC00213.JPGDSC00214.JPGDSC00215.JPGDSC00216.JPGDSC00217.JPGDSC00218.JPGDSC00219.JPGDSC00220.JPGDSC00221.JPGDSC00222.JPGDSC00223.JPGDSC00224.JPGDSC00225.JPGDSC00228.JPGDSC00230.JPGDSC00231.JPGDSC00232.JPGDSC00233.JPGDSC00235.JPGDSC00236.JPGDSC00237.JPGDSC00238.JPGDSC00239.JPGDSC00241.JPG

Edited by KRAM1

Well, I guess someone has to post it...might as well be the "commissioner"...

Green Team 40 - White Team 26, but whose counting?

The very good news is that the game raised $1400.00 AFTER expenses for the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship. I believe that to be one of the largest amounts to date, so my thanks to one and all for a great event. Cannot believe what great weather we had after the dire forecasts, but you know, there just can't be rain on the GMG.com Bowl!!!

I cannot wait to see the photos of the event. Actually has a professional photographer out for the game (thanks UNT 90) who took a ton of photos, so the truth will come out in photos.

Thanks to all our sponsors, to all who played and to those who provided additional scholarship monies yesterday at the game.

Thanks to the families and friends who came out to watch the game, and to provide the GREAT brisket for everyone after the game. Cannot forget the excellent links being shared as well. Plenty of food and adult beverages to share after the game made for a super end to a super day.

The photo of the stadium that KingDL1 took from the air last Saturday was great and I went to the deck at the athletic facility after the game for a new look-see of the stadium. man, lots of work, and it is really looking great. I took the stadium photo over to RV's house after the game and he was very pleased to get the photo, but seemed disappointed that he didn't know about the game. He said he would have liked to have stopped by, and also said he would help with next year's game if we wanted to try to round up some more "exes" like Scott and Andy for the game. He was very appreciative of the photo from KingDL1 and very grateful for the donation to the scholarship fund.

OK, how do I lean to cook brisket like yesterday's? And, I have to get some of those links that UNT90 was cooking...Links, brisket, beer and football with the Mean Green Nation...it just doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks so much to everyone for making this event so much fun and so successful. I can't wait for GMG.Com Bowl 8. It will be even bigger and better I am sure!

We'll get some photos posted here soon...BTW, Scott hall can still throw and Andy can still catch...I think my bride has a crush on Andy!!!!!

What a great day and game! Thanks you to everyone for putting this together.

KRAM1 thanks for dropping off the Photo to RV, I owe you one.

I should be getting the disk with the photos that Debbie took on Tuesday. I'll try to upload them here. Hopefully the files will not be too big to upload straight from my computer.

I'm just a little technologically challenged.

Thanks to KRAM for the organizational skills. A fun time was had by all.

Thanks Mark for organizing this for us all! We had such a great great time. By far my favorite bowl to play in yet. Didn't I say that I was going to play for the winning team again? :D

I was able to go out dancing Saturday night in my heels....but boy am I paying for it today. I feel like I'm 100 years old vs. 30. LOL

What a whopping contribution to the scholly fund! Thanks so much to everyone that came out. I always love meeting more of the Mean Green faithful and seeing other Mean Green friends.