Don't even get me started on who's footing the tax bill. Reallocate some funds from defense spending and I'll whole heartedly support it (for the most part)

Actually, defense spending as it relates to the entire federal budget isn't as much as you'd think (about 23%). Exiting the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan war would help, but this is also money we're borrowing so really we'd be much better off not reallocating that money to some other social program and pushing us closer to the brink of bankruptcy.

Actually, defense spending as it relates to the entire federal budget isn't as much as you'd think (about 23%). Exiting the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan war would help, but this is also money we're borrowing so really we'd be much better off not reallocating that money to some other social program and pushing us closer to the brink of bankruptcy.

Not as much as I thought, but still a big piece of pie. I'll be the first to admit I haven't paid nearly enough attention to gov't and politics the last few years since I've been busy as hell in school. Well I'll revise that, reallocate some to education.

Not as much as I thought, but still a big piece of pie. I'll be the first to admit I haven't paid nearly enough attention to gov't and politics the last few years since I've been busy as hell in school. Well I'll revise that, reallocate some to education.

If we're going to reallocate money to education, what do you propose we cut?

If we're going to reallocate money to education, what do you propose we cut?

Not cut entirely but reduce spending on foreign aid, welfare, government employee pensions, war, NASA, Medicare, Medicaid.

Entirely cut out the cost of printing brochures, highway signs etc in anything other than English. TV's and other items to make prison life as nice and pleasant as possible. All the useless federal agencies we have that could and should be handled at the state level ie. National Endowment of the Humanities, Office of Drug Control Policy, all the national advisory committees.

I once read an article that was meant to be funny about the benefits to Texans if Texas were to leave the union and stand as an indepedant nation. Doesn't seem funny anymore, maybe something that should seriously be considered.

Not cut entirely but reduce spending on foreign aid, welfare, government employee pensions, war, NASA, Medicare, Medicaid.

Entirely cut out the cost of printing brochures, highway signs etc in anything other than English. TV's and other items to make prison life as nice and pleasant as possible. All the useless federal agencies we have that could and should be handled at the state level ie. National Endowment of the Humanities, Office of Drug Control Policy, all the national advisory committees.

While you are cutting agencies, go with a flat tax and cut 95% of the IRS (or more I am flexible on this) and completely cut the BATF-that should be a store not a government agency.

• Upvote 3