Carmouche To Memphis

Harry

Oddly enough, I think that there are things going on behind the scenes that ultimately will make us happy. Johnny has a strong hand to play and will do so.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry to see him land at Memphis, but I can't say I question the decision. If he's going to be a sub, I can't disagree that it's better to sub at Memphis (considering their incoming talent) than to sub for us.

I don't know that we're going to get an immediate impact/contribution guy like Carmouche with this last ship, but I wouldn't be shocked if we land a nice late addition from the high school ranks. Either a late qualifier or one of the eligible HS guys who haven't committed yet.

Personally, I would like to hold out for solid talent. I don't look at UNT basketball as "developmental" anymore. We should only be offering to qualified athletes. Hold on to the ship until a good candidate becomes available.

Even some power schools take chances on big guys to develop though. In general bigs develop later period.

What a great position for this program to be in - arguing over who to hold the last scholarship for and using the argument that we aren't a developmental program. I have no doubt that we Johnny will find the right guy for that last scholarship, and we will be very happy by the end of it.

Edited by MeanMag

What a great position for this program to be in - arguing over who to hold the last scholarship for or whether and using the argument that we aren't a developmental program. I have no doubt that we Johnny will find the right guy for that last scholarship, and we will be very happy by the end of it.

Amen to that!

Call it a hunch or call it a inside tip , but I don't see us landing a transfer because the coaching staff seems to be in a win now mode so I think we will land someone who can step in this year and be a factor.

I got a list , here's the order of my list it's in it goes,

Julian Washburn

Dre Evans

Titus Rubles

D'Audrio Patton

George McGrew

Shavon Coleman

Alex Davis

Coleman may already signed a LOI. I've seen some sites say they he is still just a verbal, while others say LOI. He committed in Dec to ULM which means he didn't sign in the early period. That was before Early decided to leave for SC so I don't know if he's still open or if he went ahead and signed.

Edited by NT03