What Teams Have More Of Their Offense Returning ?

MeanGreen61

We are only 40 days away from the official on sale date of my 2010 COLLEGE PREVIEW!!! It goes on sale Tuesday, June 8th and there is a possibility you could see it earlier than that at your local bookstore.

Today I want to look at the % of yards returning for the offenses. I took all of the yards each QB threw for as well as all of the individual rushing yards and receiving yards for each team. I then took all of the returning yards from '09 for the percentage.

#9 North Texas 94.12% (yes he call us North Texas State)

All Teams

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2010/Apr10/DBApr28.html

Edited by MeanGreen61

We are only 40 days away from the official on sale date of my 2010 COLLEGE PREVIEW!!! It goes on sale Tuesday, June 8th and there is a possibility you could see

#9 North Texas 94.12% (yes he call us North Texas State)

All Teams

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2010/Apr10/DBApr28.html

So I emailed Phil Steele with the following:

I was checking out the Phil Steele blog today and noticed a glaring error. If you look at the attached screen capture you will see a list of teams and their percentage of offense returning for the 2010 CF season. Listed at number 9 is North Texas State in the Sun Belt Conference. Unfortunately, this is incorrect. There is no North Texas State in the Sun Belt conference. In fact there is no North Texas State in ANY conference. There is, however, a University of North Texas that competes in the Sun Belt conference. (NOTICE there is no “STATE” in the name? And there hasn’t been for well over 20 years.)

I just received this response.

" I do apologize and have asked the person that does our daily blog to please fix this and to proof more carefully in the future. Thanks and have a great day....Debbie"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So I emailed Phil Steele with the following:

I was checking out the Phil Steele blog today and noticed a glaring error. If you look at the attached screen capture you will see a list of teams and their percentage of offense returning for the 2010 CF season. Listed at number 9 is North Texas State in the Sun Belt Conference. Unfortunately, this is incorrect. There is no North Texas State in the Sun Belt conference. In fact there is no North Texas State in ANY conference. There is, however, a University of North Texas that competes in the Sun Belt conference. (NOTICE there is no “STATE” in the name? And there hasn’t been for well over 20 years.)

I just received this response.

" I do apologize and have asked the person that does our daily blog to please fix this and to proof more carefully in the future. Thanks and have a great day....Debbie"

I just checked the Phil "Debbie" Steele blog and they have corrected our name.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if this will help, but I tried.

Hi Joe,

here is the reply

I do apologize and have asked the person that does our daily blog to please fix this and to proof more carefully in the future. Thanks and have a great day....Debbie

here is my note to Phil.

On 4/29/10 4:49 PM,

Phil, The University of North Texas stopped using the word state almost 22 years ago. Please stop referring to us as North Texas State. Thanks Joe Holland GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1