Gmg.com Bowl Sponsorships

KRAM1

I wanted to let everyone know that, to date, we have been provided with sponsorships of varying amounts from four (4) sources. One has asked to remain anonymous, two are in the process of deciding how they want this handled, but one (after some arm twisting by yours truly) has agreed that their name can be released.

The generous support did not surprise me, as I have known a member of this family since before I knew they were associated with UNT, but some may be surprised a tad bit. We have received a generous donation from the Tune family...YES, THAT Tune family! The support is not being offered for a "pat on the back" but rather as a show of support to the MEAN GREEN NATION that players and their families really care about the program and really appreciate the support of the Mean Green Nation. How great is that? While the Tune family may not want to "pat on the back", if you see a member of the family, please give them a big "thank you".

How did they find out about the game and a need for sponsorships? Well, right here on GMG.Com. How about that, sports fans? From the simple post asking for possible sponsors. At the time, they had no clue who KRAM1 was nor that we already knew each other. That made the donation even a bit more "special" to me personally. However, I did have to "out" myself to them as KRAM1. laugh.gif

The generous nature of all our donors will certainly go a long way in helping to make this year's scholarship fund donation a large one.

Sponsorship donations of any size...any size...are still welcome. If you have some interest in doing so, just PM me and I'll get you any and all information you might need.

Our donors and our players are really stepping up to make the 7th annual GMG.Com Bowl a

SUPER BOWL".

Player draft is this Sunday, May 2nd. If you want to play, there is definitely still time to post your player bio and T-Shirt size.

• Upvote 1

I have just been given permission to name another of our sponsors...a Corporate and personal sponsorship from none other that UNTQB11 himself...Scott Hall and his firm Matheus Lumber!

So, get this GOMEANGREEN'ers...not only is Scott coming to town to play in the game, he has stepped up along with the Tunes (and a couple of still un-named sponsors) to help provide additional funding for the scholarship!

Folks, it just doesn't get much better than this...I think this is going to be a great GMG.com Bowl...just look at the folks who have worked and/or stepped up to make this a great event...

1) Un-named sponsor bought our flag belts so we will not have to beg or borrow any longer

2) Smitty created a great logo for the game and our shirts

3) Harry and forevereagle agreed to captain

4) UNT Flyer stepped up to volunteer to referee the game

5) UNT QB11 agreed to not only play but to sponsor the event

6) The Tune family saw the posts on line about the game and stepped up to sponsor, and

7) We have another un-named sponsor who has provided additional funding

8) UNTQB11 contacted Andy Blount (TheGoodShepherd) who has agreed to play

9) and we have had 20+ players agree to play and make it a great event.

Many many thanks to all...everyone deserves a big thank you for helping to make this event happen and to build $$$ for the Andrew Smith memorial Scholarship Fund.

Folks, it just doesn't get much better...I am so proud to be a member of the GREAT MEAN GREEN NATION.

• Upvote 1