List Of Undrafted Nfl Free Agent Signings

SUMG

Nothing so far (Tobe, Eddrick, Cam)....but this site says that it is often updated:

http://www.nepatriot...ree-agents.html

Thanks for the link; it kinda made me wonder what's going on at Belhaven (Mississippi), an NAIA school it seems. Well, it is kind of discouraging, that they've had football since 1998 and are getting more looks by NFL teams than we are. Have any of our new assistants coached any drafted or free agent players?

Its sad when D-2/3/1AA get more players notice by the NFL than the Belt.

Actually... Other than the 6 BCS conferences and the MWC... Nobody had more players drafted than the Sun Belt. Not the WAC, C-USA, or MAC.

There's a list broken down by conference on the SBC forum.

Actually... Other than the 6 BCS conferences and the MWC... Nobody had more players drafted than the Sun Belt. Not the WAC, C-USA, or MAC.

There's a list broken down by conference on the SBC forum.

From the MWC Board:

All together, here are the totals by D-1A conference:

SEC - 49

Big 10 - 34

ACC - 31

Big 12 - 30

Pac 10 - 29

Big East - 18

MWC - 13

SBC - 7

C-USA - 6

WAC - 5

MAC - 5

ND had four

FCS

Colonial 5

Big Sky 3

SoCon 3

Missouri Valley 2

Ohio Valley 2

Great West 1

Ivy 1

MEAC 1

Southland 1

Patriot 1

Edited by MeanGreen61

Really, it's just another example of our downplaying the Belt, when, again, it's our team not being up to Belt standards that's the real problem.

Very well put. Someone beat me to the first +1, so have another.

I think it's also a case of trotting out an annual gripe that isn't accurate this year.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Really, it's just another example of our downplaying the Belt, when, again, it's our team not being up to Belt standards that's the real problem.

Actually considering 3 of the 7 player drafted were from the same team(Troy), it really shows the progress of Troy and not necessarily the Belt. Also, considering 4 picks came after the 3rd round little can be compared to C-USA 2nd and 3rd round picks, or all 3 1st round WAC picks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Very well put. Someone beat me to the first +1, so have another.

I think it's also a case of trotting out an annual gripe that isn't accurate this year.

Hey, I'm sending a +1 right back at you, because I also fell into that mentality, until you pointed out the Belt's overall draft success. And really, the site SUMG so kindly pointed out was about undrafted free agents. That would take more work breaking down by conference, but, as of my last reading, none of our guys were listed there...yet. I'm still hopeful for guys like Eddrick and Tobe, because I think they could make a list that really counts; an NFL active roster.

There is always some very good talent in the lower divisions that did not qualify academically to play in the FBS.

Or, who simply decided to go to a school they wanted to attend. Just because a kid is playing in a "lower division" in no way means he couldn't qualify for the FBS. Many of these "lower division" schools have higher academic standards then many of the FBS schools.