No More Messages In Eye Black

SUMG

Gotta say, the NCAA is on a roll. I like a lot of their recent rules changes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5092774

BTW...would this have prevented Troy LB Bear Woods from painting his face like a raccoon?

• Upvote 1

Upon reading the whole article: I'm not so sure about that tougher rule against taunting. We've seen refs be so idiotic on what they call taunting. Man, there are gonna be some hacked off fans when a TD gets called back because of someone doing something minor.

• Upvote 1

Nice we now have No Fun League Light, what a bunch of political babies. Do they actually even think about the ramifications of some of the rules. Get ready for plenty of home cooking especially on the taunting penalties.

Upon reading the whole article: I'm not so sure about that tougher rule against taunting. We've seen refs be so idiotic on what they call taunting. Man, there are gonna be some hacked off fans when a TD gets called back because of someone doing something minor.

I'm confused... Didn't we lose a touchdown once when playing against Baylor (the year we blew them out) because our player was taunting before running into the endzone? It sounds like from the article the rule at the time was we were to get the touchdown with penalty on the PAT? Was that a blown call or is my memory bad?

I'm confused... Didn't we lose a touchdown once when playing against Baylor (the year we blew them out) because our player was taunting before running into the endzone? It sounds like from the article the rule at the time was we were to get the touchdown with penalty on the PAT? Was that a blown call or is my memory bad?

Could just be the Sunbelt refs...which are a small step up from middle school refs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I do know we were assessed a penalty (I believe on kickoff)....against Navy, when Dibrell scored....and all he did was flash the "Eagle Claw". I believe it was Dibrell...might have been Breece Johnson. Anyway, for that to be called taunting was RIDICULOUS. And when teams lose a TD for something like that....fans are gonna be so pissed.

I remember once we had 2 15 yard penalties assessed against us and we scored on the next play. I think I saw some of thre Refs hang their heads as the penalties did nothing to stop that scoring drive.

I've never like the taunting call as it tends to be very subjective from one officiating crew to the next.

Whatever the rule is, the coaches need to learn the rule and make the players aware of the rule. If it's a bad rule, it will be changed. In the meantime, for NT, or any school to get penalized when everyone knows the rule is just plain stupid. Much like responding to a taunt by reacting in kind. Just stupid.

I do know we were assessed a penalty (I believe on kickoff)....against Navy, when Dibrell scored....and all he did was flash the "Eagle Claw". I believe it was Dibrell...might have been Breece Johnson. Anyway, for that to be called taunting was RIDICULOUS. And when teams lose a TD for something like that....fans are gonna be so pissed.

When has Breece Johnson done anything?

I really wish the Stickler, Dibrell, Fentriss, Johnson "clan" would've amounted to more under Dodge.