New Ncaa Legislation Regarding Bowl Eligibility

ADLER

On Tuesday, the NCAA's Legislative Council passed legislation requiring "deserving" bowl-eligible teams to post a .500 record against Football Bowl Subdivision opponents. The changes must still be approved by the NCAA's Board of Directors, which meets later this month.

This rule could have a couple of effects if it's approved by the NCAA's Board of Directors. First, the BCS conferences will not be able to send their 6-6 eighth and ninth place teams to bowls if one of their victories is against 1-AA schools (Playoff Subdivision). The other result is that realizing that, lower tier BCS schools will now urgently need to schedule those non-BCS-auto-bid-league schools to replace the 1-AA's. Prices for home-no-return games are going to skyrocket further, and more home-and-home series will subsequently be scheduled.

We are certainly getting a new stadium at the right time.

read under: THE COUNCIL ALSO:

• Upvote 4

On Tuesday, the NCAA's Legislative Council passed legislation requiring "deserving" bowl-eligible teams to post a .500 record against Football Bowl Subdivision opponents. The changes must still be approved by the NCAA's Board of Directors, which meets later this month.

This rule could have a couple of effects if it's approved by the NCAA's Board of Directors. First, the BCS conferences will not be able to send their 6-6 eighth and ninth place teams to bowls if one of their victories is against 1-AA schools (Playoff Subdivision). The other result is that realizing that, lower tier BCS schools will now urgently need to schedule those non-BCS-auto-bid-league schools to replace the 1-AA's. Prices for home-no-return games are going to skyrocket further, and more home-and-home series will subsequently be scheduled.

We are certainly getting a new stadium at the right time.

read under: THE COUNCIL ALSO:

Damn good Point. I wouldn't have thought about that.

According to ArkStFan - the statement reads that way but is just an exerpt. The entire rule goes on to say that an FBS team CAN count one win against an FCS team once every four years (or something like that). Maybe he can clarify - I was thrilled when I read this post that I shared it with the Belt board... where I was immediately corrected :(

According to ArkStFan - the statement reads that way but is just an exerpt. The entire rule goes on to say that an FBS team CAN count one win against an FCS team once every four years (or something like that). Maybe he can clarify - I was thrilled when I read this post that I shared it with the Belt board... where I was immediately corrected :(

hasn't the one win against a 1aa every four years been status quo for a while now???

If the non-bcs schools will be in higher demand for bcs schools' schedules, that would mean we will have less of an opportunity to play winnable non conference games. I don't know how great that would be for us, especially with our recent history of failure against the supposed "winnable" teams.

If the non-bcs schools will be in higher demand for bcs schools' schedules, that would mean we will have less of an opportunity to play winnable non conference games. I don't know how great that would be for us, especially with our recent history of failure against the supposed "winnable" teams.

Yes, it will test the resolve of the ADs at non-BCS schools. If schools such as ours, Tulane, NMSU, etc. will schedule each other instead of taking in multiple body bag games, it can work in our favor.

However, if we and others similarly situated load up with two or more games with BCS powerhouses, we're right back where we started. This can actually be a line in the sand moment where RV and other ADs at non-BCS schools stand up and quit taking body bag games without reciprocal visits.

The question is in the contracting. Yes, Oklahoma, we'll play you in Norman twice, if you come to Denton once. Buying out of the Denton game will be the dollar equivalent of what you pay us for the two games in Norman combined.

The only factor then is whether non-BCS ADs have the balls to do it. There comes a point in time when you've got to stand up to the Moody's of the world. Will our AD and others use this opportunity to do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mzfFZQOgpg

This can actually be a line in the sand moment where RV and other ADs at non-BCS schools stand up and quit taking body bag games without reciprocal visits.

The question is in the contracting. Yes, Oklahoma, we'll play you in Norman twice, if you come to Denton once. Buying out of the Denton game will be the dollar equivalent of what you pay us for the two games in Norman combined.

unfortunately it is a money thing not a sand in line thing. a large program like oklahoma can pay us a million to play there and we need it so we sign without a return game. some of those can afford to buy out any agreed return game to denton because they can make 4 million per home game.

Edited by LoveMG