Former Cornhusker Alonzo Edwards Signs With Mean Green Basketball

GreenBat

Still don't understand this signing, but that aside Lon Morris was about 16-15 last year gettting beat in the first round of play-offs. I don't know were they got their team data.

I'm counting on Coach Jones to take a guy most people second guess and turn him into a great player...it would not be the first time.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I'm counting on Coach Jones to take a guy most people second guess and turn him into a great player...it would not be the first time.

I think most of us second guessers would be very happy with a great player. Obviously, JJ sees something in Edwards that has not been evident in his play for the last three years. I think he has been doing a very good job getting people who fit in his structure and it is hard to argue with his success. However, he or any other coach don't hit on every recruit. It's not so much that Edwards is not a good prospect, it is just strange to me that with a winning program and only one ship to give at the time; NT would use it on someone that had a very average year on a mediocre juco team. There has to be a big upside with Alonzo that JJ is betting on and I would not be too surprised to see him prosper at NT, but I do wish NT had got a big man with less question marks.

Just out of idle curiosity I would like to know what player has JJ recruited that deserves the "great" tag that the majority of fans questioned his recruitment?

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think most of us second guessers would be very happy with a great player. Obviously, JJ sees something in Edwards that has not been evident in his play for the last three years. I think he has been doing a very good job getting people who fit in his structure and it is hard to argue with his success. However, he or any other coach don't hit on every recruit. It's not so much that Edwards is not a good prospect, it is just strange to me that with a winning program and only one ship to give at the time; NT would use it on someone that had a very average year on a mediocre juco team. There has to be a big upside with Alonzo that JJ is betting on and I would not be too surprised to see him prosper at NT, but I do wish NT had got a big man with less question marks.

Just out of idle curiosity I would like to know what player has JJ recruited that deserves the "great" tag that the majority of fans questioned his recruitment?

I was not calling you out if it came across that way. I suppose "unheralded" may have been a better term than "second guessed", but the general point concerning Edwards remains the same.