Allen's New 18,000 Seat High School Stadium

SUMG

Looks nice. The whole bond package was $119 million....not sure the total amount spent on the stadium:

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/if-drawings-are-any-indication.html

I like how they tanked their old stadium Jerry Jones-style, made it as uncomfortable as possible for fans and then held out until the vote finally passed for the holy grail. That's pro sports quality bullshit with none of the contracts and egos on the field - the way God intended sports to be played.

• Upvote 2

Looks nice. The whole bond package was $119 million....not sure the total amount spent on the stadium:

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/if-drawings-are-any-indication.html

Here's what one person replied:

Posted by lam @ 6:15 PM Tue, Apr 13, 2010

Here is a breakout of estimated costs for capital projects funded by the $119 million

1. 1500 seat Performing Arts Center $23.3 million

2. District Transportation / Student Nutrition Service Center $36.5 million

3. Multipurpose Stadium $59.6 million

Total Projects $119 milion

By comparison UNT's new stadium which will seat 30,000 has an estimated cost of $78 million, but I believe I read that construction costs are lower than anticipated and the cost could be as much as $10 million less than projected. The same may hold true for the Allen stadium (but it's still a nice chunk of change!).

I hope our stadium really is coming in $10 million under budget. That money could be used to make a baseball park and an indoor practice facility.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to Texas where our Stadium is bigger than yours. I want to know how much money is in Collin County. The fact that a high school stadium is almost the size of University or even a small semi-pro just blows my mind. Good Luck to Alan HS, I hope they get it paid off.

-- I went to an Allen game a couple of years ago... I was very surprised how small and how cheap their current stadium looked compared to those in West Texas ones... even we easily got tickets and a few seats were available . I still find it hard to believe their HS is double the size of most AAAAA schools. I guess there is a lot less to do out here so attendance and support is much more widespread and better percent-wise among students and the town.

-- I would hate to think I taught there or had my kids go to school there. High school students I am sure just get lost in the "crowd" there because very few can participate in athletics and other schools activities and don't really connect to their school like most places. . Not my idea of education as it should be..... but is cheaper to have so many at one place ..if that is what they think the emphasis should be.

Welcome to Texas where our Stadium is bigger than yours. I want to know how much money is in Collin County. The fact that a high school stadium is almost the size of University or even a small semi-pro just blows my mind. Good Luck to Alan HS, I hope they get it paid off.

Allen is a Robin Hood school, meaning they've been collecting tax dollars from other local cities (like Plano) to pay for all the necessary school upgrades, etc. Thus, the reason they can justify the spending (bond or not) is that all of their academic necessities have been paid for... by someone else. Thanks, Plano!

• Upvote 1

Allen is a Robin Hood school, meaning they've been collecting tax dollars from other local cities (like Plano) to pay for all the necessary school upgrades, etc. Thus, the reason they can justify the spending (bond or not) is that all of their academic necessities have been paid for... by someone else. Thanks, Plano!

How is it i started a thread 3 hours earlier with no responses? j/k

Seriously impressive facility though

-- I went to an Allen game a couple of years ago... I was very surprised how small and how cheap their current stadium looked compared to those in West Texas ones... even we easily got tickets and a few seats were available . I still find it hard to believe their HS is double the size of most AAAAA schools. I guess there is a lot less to do out here so attendance and support is much more widespread and better percent-wise among students and the town.

-- I would hate to think I taught there or had my kids go to school there. High school students I am sure just get lost in the "band" there because very few can participate in athletics and other schools activities and don't really connect to their school like most places. . Not my idea of education as it should be..... but is cheaper to have so many at one place ..if that is what they think the emphasis should be.

Fixed it for ya.