Breaking Down The 2010 Schedules

MeanGreen61

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1072821

Sun Belt

There are two games against FCS schools, the lowest number nationally and two fewer than last season. There also are 26 games against "Big Six" opponents, tied with C-USA and the MAC for the most nationally. Five of those games are on a Sun Belt campus. Florida International and Western Kentucky each are playing four "Big Six" opponents - which means that every non-conference game for those two is against a "Big Six" foe. Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Louisiana-Lafayette and Louisiana-Monroe are playing three each. FAU is the only school in the nation with just four home games; everybody else has at least five.

NON-"BIG SIXERS" PLAYING HOST TO "BIG SIXERS"

USC at Hawaii, Sept. 2

Minnesota at Middle Tennessee, Sept. 2

Pittsburgh at Utah, Sept. 2

Arizona at Toledo, Sept. 3

Syracuse at Akron, Sept. 4

Washington at BYU, Sept. 4

Cincinnati at Fresno State, Sept. 4

Texas at Rice, Sept. 4

Wisconsin at UNLV, Sept. 4

West Virginia at Marshall, Sept. 10

Rutgers at Florida International, Sept. 11

Ole Miss at Tulane, Sept. 11

N.C. State at Central Florida, Sept. 11

California at Nevada, Sept. 17

Kansas at Southern Miss, Sept. 17

Northwestern at Rice, Sept. 18

Washington State at SMU, Sept. 18

Connecticut at Temple, Sept. 18

Indiana at Western Kentucky, Sept. 18

Baylor at TCU, Sept. 18

Oregon State at Boise State, Sept. 25

Baylor at Rice, Sept. 25

Louisville at Arkansas State, Oct. 2

Oklahoma State at Louisiana-Lafayette, Oct. 8

Mississippi State at Houston, Oct. 9

N.C. State at East Carolina, Oct. 16

Tennessee at Memphis, Nov. 6

Kansas State at North Texas, Nov. 27

Illinois at Fresno State, Dec. 4

Games in Red, should have a little "WHY?" out to the side. My question is, what happens when these big teams travel miles from homes and lose?

NON-"BIG SIXERS" PLAYING HOST TO "BIG SIXERS"

USC at Hawaii, Sept. 2

Minnesota at Middle Tennessee, Sept. 2

Pittsburgh at Utah, Sept. 2

Arizona at Toledo, Sept. 3

Syracuse at Akron, Sept. 4

Washington at BYU, Sept. 4

Cincinnati at Fresno State, Sept. 4

Texas at Rice, Sept. 4

Wisconsin at UNLV, Sept. 4

West Virginia at Marshall, Sept. 10

Rutgers at Florida International, Sept. 11

Ole Miss at Tulane, Sept. 11

N.C. State at Central Florida, Sept. 11

California at Nevada, Sept. 17

Kansas at Southern Miss, Sept. 17

Northwestern at Rice, Sept. 18

Connecticut at Temple, Sept. 18

Indiana at Western Kentucky, Sept. 18

Baylor at TCU, Sept. 18

Oregon State at Boise State, Sept. 25

Baylor at Rice, Sept. 25

Louisville at Arkansas State, Oct. 2

Oklahoma State at Louisiana-Lafayette, Oct. 8

Mississippi State at Houston, Oct. 9

N.C. State at East Carolina, Oct. 16

Tennessee at Memphis, Nov. 6

Kansas State at North Texas, Nov. 27

Illinois at Fresno State, Dec. 4

Games in Red, should have a little "WHY?" out to the side. My question is, what happens when these big teams travel miles from homes and lose?

Looks like Rice hit the jackpot this year with 3 "big 6" opponents...how did they pull that off?

Looks like Rice hit the jackpot this year with 3 "big 6" opponents...how did they pull that off?

That is what I wondering Who made this schedule? Why would Rice agree to this? They are not even getting a big payday since they are playing host.

That is what I wondering Who made this schedule? Why would Rice agree to this? They are not even getting a big payday since they are playing host.

Yeah, what are they thinking. Bringing the attractive big name opponents to their house, thereby making the home schedule attractive to their fans and greatly increasing their odds of a successful outcome???? Don't they know these games are just for paychecks?

• Upvote 1

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1072821

Sun Belt

There are two games against FCS schools, the lowest number nationally and two fewer than last season. There also are 26 games against "Big Six" opponents, tied with C-USA and the MAC for the most nationally. Five of those games are on a Sun Belt campus. Florida International and Western Kentucky each are playing four "Big Six" opponents - which means that every non-conference game for those two is against a "Big Six" foe. Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Louisiana-Lafayette and Louisiana-Monroe are playing three each. FAU is the only school in the nation with just four home games; everybody else has at least five.

As I understand it, the reason that they only have four is that they scheduled Michigan State to open their new campus stadium but it didn't happen. They moved the game to Detroit and it counts as a "home" game for FAU. So, technically they have five home games.

As I understand it, the reason that they only have four is that they scheduled Michigan State to open their new campus stadium but it didn't happen. They moved the game to Detroit and it counts as a "home" game for FAU. So, technically they have five home games.

I look forward to the day North Texas "hosts" Notre Dame in South Bend. B)

How is Wazzu considered a big team?

I'm going to the game to watch the cougars tear up some mustangs next year, but they have been nearly as bad as NT the last couple years. Better conference maybe, but I would equate them with NT pretty evenly.

How is Wazzu considered a big team?

I'm going to the game to watch the cougars tear up some mustangs next year, but they have been nearly as bad as NT the last couple years. Better conference maybe, but I would equate them with NT pretty evenly.

I'd have to agree with this statement.

But does it does not beneift UNT when SMU does better than us.