Will The Real Schedule Please Stand Up!

EagleMBA

I thought (and still think) that our game with Army is to be played at Noon on 9/18. The schedule on the roster handed out yesterday says 9/18. The refrigerator magnets handed out yesterday say 9/16 (a Thursday night game?).

You make the call. :unsure:

I welcome Thursday night games because it gives us center stage in the football world. On Saturday dozens of other games on, we're lost in the shuffle. TCU, Boise, Fresno...all of those programs have taken advantage of playing on the odd night to help build recognition for their programs.

Even though it's a misprint, I'm definitely not opposed to playing a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night game.

• Upvote 2

I welcome Thursday night games because it gives us center stage in the football world. On Saturday dozens of other games on, we're lost in the shuffle. TCU, Boise, Fresno...all of those programs have taken advantage of playing on the odd night to help build recognition for their programs.

Even though it's a misprint, I'm definitely not opposed to playing a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night game.

As long as they are road games. No mid-week home games, please.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As long as they are road games. No mid-week home games, please.

Agree with that...need all the help filling the stands as possible, and I doubt a Thursday night would help...UNLESS UNT was playing SMU, TCU, Baylor, etc., etc.

Agree with that...need all the help filling the stands as possible, and I doubt a Thursday night would help...UNLESS UNT was playing SMU, TCU, Baylor, etc., etc.

I wasnt so altruistic. It would just affect MY tailgating plans. Yes, I'm selfish.

I'm not that picky. I'll take a national TV game any way I can get it. I'd trade numbers on our home attendance for a chance to shine on the big stage.

After what I've seen from our team this Spring, I like our chances in the Army game alot more then I did a few months ago. Of course I may feel diferently after playing Clemson and Rice.

I'm not that picky. I'll take a national TV game any way I can get it. I'd trade numbers on our home attendance for a chance to shine on the big stage.

After what I've seen from our team this Spring, I like our chances in the Army game alot more then I did a few months ago. Of course I may feel diferently after playing Clemson and Rice.

Side Show Joe...check your PM's.

Crack PR dept????? Just kidding...tongue.gif

Figures that the PR Department would put the schedule news release on a refrigerator magnet. Most news desks stopped using magnet releases decades ago, especially with the internet being so prominent.

Man, you had your mortal enemy (marketing and promotions) right in your cross-hairs on this one and you whiffed terribly with a shot at public relations. I expected more...well actually I expected about this level of quality, but in a longer, more ellipse-filled, rambling, quotation mark-dotted form.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Figures that the PR Department would put the schedule news release on a refrigerator magnet. Most news desks stopped using magnet releases decades ago, especially with the internet being so prominent.

Man, you had your mortal enemy (marketing and promotions) right in your cross-hairs on this one and you whiffed terribly with a shot at public relations. I expected more...well actually I expected about this level of quality, but in a longer, more ellipse-filled, rambling, quotation mark-dotted form.

This is all Mandy's fault... Oh, wait...

• Upvote 1

And, as I expected and right on cue! tongue.gif You always seem to be so smug in your typical response, but you never realize it when the game is being played against you! Too funny. It's just that I have missed you so lately. It was time to "draw you out" and see how "touchy" you were going to be today. innocent.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

And, as I expected and right on cue! tongue.gif You always seem to be so smug in your typical response, but you never realize it when the game is being played against you! Too funny. It's just that I have missed you so lately. It was time to "draw you out" and see how "touchy" you were going to be today. innocent.gif

It is a game, but it's not much fun whipping the tether ball up the pole while Rocky Dennis touches himself in the corner.

Smug or not, do you know what PR is? If you learn only one thing from our bantering, I'd like for it to be that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

It is a game, but it's not much fun whipping the tether ball up the pole while Rocky Dennis touches himself in the corner.

Smug or not, do you know what PR is? If you learn only one thing from our bantering, I'd like for it to be that.

Do you know what "getting one's goat" is? If you learn one thing from our bantering I hope it is that!tongue.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/

• Upvote 3