Drc - Qb Eager To Start For Unt

MeanGreen61

“With a new guy in here, all of us are going to have our chance,” Thompson said. “He is going to put the best player on the field. That is what I like about him. He is a really good coach. I am going to learn as much from him as I can and make sure that I am on the same page with the receivers.”

Hmm... seems like to me that Thompson is implying that Dodge/Ford was not capable of putting the best player on the field. Personally I tend to agree with him considering that Riley said himself in the interview with McMahon that his arm hasn't been the same since his injury in high school.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To me this takes a lot of pressure off Riley and Todd.

....and Elizabeth too. Regardless if people approved or did not with Todd's performance on the field, it had to be even tougher when fans were criticizing your son as well who played the most pressure-packed position on the field, and the position that gets the most criticism for sure. Like it or not, that's the nature of the beast, and now Todd can relax and be the CEO of the program. Elizabeth can surely take a deep breath. And Riley can use his 4.4 speed and football savvy at WR and become a nice weapon in the UNT arsenal.

• Upvote 5