Who You Got? Butler Or Duke

NT80

Butler winning is worth $245 (the difference between 1st and 2nd in a bracket pool). So I'm rooting for Duke.

But I'll be happy for Butler if they win, too.

Since I had this championship game picked in my bracket before the tournament started, I see no real need to pick a winner.

But, give me Butler against the line and Duke straight up. (What is the line, anyway?)

Since I had this championship game picked in my bracket before the tournament started, I see no real need to pick a winner.

But, give me Butler against the line and Duke straight up. (What is the line, anyway?)

It was 6.5 according to ESPN last night.

Butler winning is worth $245 (the difference between 1st and 2nd in a bracket pool). So I'm rooting for Duke.

But I'll be happy for Butler if they win, too.

Capitalism at its finest! :rolleyes:

BTW, I like Butler's chances. Going with the Butler.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

Everyone likes to see the underdog win but since Durham is my home and given that Duke provides a very nice salary to my long-suffering wife, I'll have to go with them. But...if they were playing against anyone else except my beloved North Texas, Butler would be the choice.

I have to say that the town is in a frenzy today!

I can only wish Butler had converted free throws in the first half.

Also, Bill Walton proved yet again he is an ass-hat. Interviewed after the game he said "Duke had the better offense, the better defense and the better team. None of the Butler players could have played for Duke. I know a lot of people wanted to see Butler win but you can't survive on luck and hope forever."

I can only wish Butler had converted free throws in the first half.

Or that Howard could've put in a bunny or two in the first half, or if Veasley could've knocked down 1 of the 5 clean looks he had from 3. Butler left a lot of points out there...I think for the most part they out-played Duke.

Also, Bill Walton proved yet again he is an ass-hat. Interviewed after the game he said "Duke had the better offense, the better defense and the better team. None of the Butler players could have played for Duke. I know a lot of people wanted to see Butler win but you can't survive on luck and hope forever."

The two best NBA prospects in last night's game were Hayward and Mack.

Edited by Censored by Laurie

Amazing game! One for the ages...Walton is flat wrong, and that is not unusual for him. I don't think many people give him much credibility with comments like those about the Butler team and players. Yep, best NBA prospects were playing for Butler last night...as was said after the game, Butler didn't lose this game, Duke won it...or something like that. What a super game...you just got to love it. And, that is why the NCAA Basketball tournament is the best college sports tournament going.

WOW...glad I was able to watch this one. Butler had a tough start and some "missed opportunities" early or it may well have been a different outcome. Duke played a great game as well...you have to hand it to the Blue Devils...they made a super run through the tourney and are a worthy champion. Well done DUKE...WELL DONE BUTLER!