If Chris Babb And J'mison Morgan Come To North Texas

ADLER

Agreed. I also have to add that the McGhee kid is an amazing sign for this program. The one thing we have missed is a pure shooter, so kudos to Johnny for landing one of the best in the country.

McGhee is going to be an incredible addition to the team. McGhee, along with Babb if he comes here, would be an imposing set of shooting guard and small forward that other teams will have a horrible time trying to defend. Both can drive to the basket as well as they nail the outside shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How would we land Babb and Morgan with no scholarships left to give? Would we not renew the scholarship of a current player? If so, I assume Knox would be the guy. Who else?

Wouldn't it be nice to be the type of program where guys transfer from because of incoming talent?

I think landing both these guys is a pipe dream, but if it happened, it would change this program forever.

McGhee is going to be an incredible addition to the team. McGhee, along with Babb if he comes here, would be an imposing set of shooting guard and small forward that other teams will have a horrible time trying to defend. Both can drive to the basket as well as they nail the outside shot.

Don't disagree but from what I have seen and read on McGhee is he is that rare pure shooter that can create his own shot. To me that has been what this team is missing. Tristan can shoot but I don't see him as much of a pure shooter ad I do a slasher that can penetrate, more multipurpose. Josh is a streak shooter. McGhee appears to be a guy that will demand respect from the perimeter consistently. Look at the SBC Championship against Troy. Troy did a 2-3 zone daring us to beat them from the outside and clamping down on big George and ET. My hope for McGhee is that he can be that guy that punishes teams and loosens up things in the paint. I think Johnny hit a home run on this signing.

I would love to have both J'mison Morgan and Chris Babb here at North Texas. Collin Mangrum's graduation and leaving for grad school elsewhere seems to have opened one of the required spots.

Now we just need to wait and see what else, if anything, develops that will open one additional scholarship.

Johnny Jones has quite an established history of accepting transfers and then making them the best players that they could become.

Shawnson Johnson from LSU

Kendrick Davis from Arkansas

Keith Wooden from Arizona State

Collin Dennis from South Florida

George Odufuwa from Arizona State

All these players left situations at other schools that weren't favorable for one reason or another. Every one of them excelled at their game once they came to North Texas and worked with Johnny.Every one of them became excellent basketball players at North Texas. I think the same can happen for J'mison Morgan. Chris Babb, who is already playing very well, will only improve more as he will be in a far more familiar environment away from the frozen tundra of Pennsylvania. Chris has family and many friends in Arlington that could then attend all the games, and his father is Athletic Director at Cameron just up the road in Oklahoma.

Is the thought process on Babb and Morgan coming to UNT just wishful thinking or has it been reported that each of them is actually considering a transfer to UNT? I know Babb was offered and considered UNT out of HS, but has anything been reported more recently? Also, I don't see anything on Morgan's intention to transfer to UNT. I saw it reported that Baylor may be a possibility. Is the hope that Morgan will consider UNT based solely on his father's history or is there something else to this?

• Upvote 1