Even On Ea Sports Riley Gets Hurt...

hickoryhouse

2003 is the latest version of NCAA Football that I have and I made myself a roster full of our current guys and in the third game of the season Riley went down with a torn Achilles and is out for the season... crap...

at least it's not his shoulder...

• Upvote 2

2003 is the latest version of NCAA Football that I have and I made myself a roster full of our current guys and in the third game of the season Riley went down with a torn Achilles and is out for the season... crap...

Wow, I play NCAA 2005 and thought I was behind the times. Granted there probably isn't much difference year-to-year.

Did you create N. Tune? He might have been in middle school when that game came out.

Ho Hum the latest "sore arm" in oft injured saga of Riley Dodge. Hope Coach Canales sees that there are other QB's much less brittle who could prosper in the starting QB role. At least they will have gotten some work in this spring rather than Rodge who may be trying out for MASH rather than QB. With all the talent and speed, albeit not the arm or the size, Riley has many times over proven that he can not stand up to the rigors of a D-1 QB. Put him where he belongs @ WR so he won't take the direct hits a QB does , and he MAY prosper. Mack Brown knew he was too small to be a D-1 QB three years ago --why can't we now see the same thing. No doubt Riley wants to win, but when I think of a Scott Hall playing with no cartilige in his knee, a seperated shoulder, etc. you have to question Riley's mental and physical toughness. At this rate he may never see a scrimmage in the spring. You have to make the efforts of the other QB candidates count for something when coaches evaluate the position or else you lose their trust and work ethic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Ho Hum the latest "sore arm" in oft injured saga of Riley Dodge. Hope Coach Canales sees that there are other QB's much less brittle who could prosper in the starting QB role. At least they will have gotten some work in this spring rather than Rodge who may be trying out for MASH rather than QB. With all the talent and speed, albeit not the arm or the size, Riley has many times over proven that he can not stand up to the rigors of a D-1 QB. Put him where he belongs @ WR so he won't take the direct hits a QB does , and he MAY prosper. Mack Brown knew he was too small to be a D-1 QB three years ago --why can't we now see the same thing. No doubt Riley wants to win, but when I think of a Scott Hall playing with no cartilige in his knee, a seperated shoulder, etc. you have to question Riley's mental and physical toughness. At this rate he may never see a scrimmage in the spring. You have to make the efforts of the other QB candidates count for something when coaches evaluate the position or else you lose their trust and work ethic.

I think we're going to really regret missing out on Javai Hall. I hear all the stuff about Thompson, but at his size I question how well he can really move. Quotes like "he moves well for a guy his size" don't exactly help. I like Tune, but the offense we're trying to run HAS to have a viable run threat at QB. With that extra running, obviously come extra hits....it is inevitable that any QB in this system is going to get injured---it's just a question of whether or not he can play through it and do we have a backup that can run the same system if not.

Can I have the time spent reading this thread back?

You will need to have proof of time spent. Then it will need to be reported within the proper time window. There is a form that you will need to complete in triplicate in pen, it cannot be completed in a digital form. There will be time deductions for any posts that contain humor, regardless of whether or not you laughed. Please be sure to read the fine print to be sure that this is eligible for reimbursement as reading for pleasure or entertainment will not qualify.