Michigan Christian Milita Group Arrested

To be 100% clear, these folks may refer to themselves as "Christians", but these actions/plots in no way reflect Christianity, whatsoever. This kinda reminds me more of the Koreshians.

Yep.

And it's interesting how quick the mainstream media is to call these "Christian militia," when they refuse to refer to more run-of-the-mill terrorists as "Muslim."

• Downvote 1

Perhaps the FBI, et. al., should raid this religious group.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=119087

I don't know. I agree that we should really be giving these groups the benefit of the doubt.

• Upvote 2

Yep.

And it's interesting how quick the mainstream media is to call these "Christian militia," when they refuse to refer to more run-of-the-mill terrorists as "Muslim."

Seriously? Yes this is a Christian Militia group. Seriously what planet do you live in? When mainstream media talks terrorism they ALWAYS mention "Islamic terrorist".

The truth of the matter is that any radical in any and all religions are a bunch of D-bags but it does not one bit represent the true meaning of the religion.

And lets not forget that any criminal that hurts people, rape, kill etc are all terrorists and always be terrorists.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seriously? Yes this is a Christian Militia group. Seriously what planet do you live in? When mainstream media talks terrorism they ALWAYS mention "Islamic terrorist".

The truth of the matter is that any radical in any and all religions are a bunch of D-bags but it does not one bit represent the true meaning of the religion.

And lets not forget that any criminal that hurts people, rape, kill etc are all terrorists and always be terrorists.

Quiet you. Thoughts like this would require people to think rationally and with the capacity to look past their own bias.

The Black Mao-mba's thought police are going to round you up and stick you in the death camps with all the old folk if you don't mind your tongue

Seriously? Yes this is a Christian Militia group.

The definition of Christian is "a follower of Christ." Christ never took up arms to advance His cause, and He forbade His followers to take up arms to advance Christianity. "Christian Militia" is an impossibility, an oxymoron.

Seriously what planet do you live in? When mainstream media talks terrorism they ALWAYS mention "Islamic terrorist".

You must watch Fox News or something, because the sources I watch and read (liberal mainstream media) avoid that term like the plague. Yet I have never heard this other group mentioned without the term "Christian" being included.

I'm not sure how any radical can be a bunch of anything, but I guess I see what you mean. But let's not pretend that Islam and Christianity are equivalent religions, and have proportional numbers of members ready to kill others to advance their religion. The founder of Christianity killed no one, the founder of Islam killed many. Islam was spread throughout the world by bloodshed, while Christianity was spread as its adherents died for clinging to their beliefs. And they didn't die in suicides designed to take the lives of others, either. The United States is composed primarily of people professing Christianity, and this one group of 9 people makes the news for something they have not done yet. And the rest of the professed Christian citizenry is outraged by these people. How much outrage did you see in the Muslim world at 9-11? The people were dancing in the streets that Muslims successfully killed thousands of innocent Americans.

To be sure, there are many professed Muslims who do not condone terrorism, but those who do are hardly on the fringe of their religion in most Muslim countries.

That's a pretty broad definition. Usually "terrorism" is limited to those who use death or the threat of death for political or religious gain, outside of warfare. But I'll agree that they are all creeps, and need to hang.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The founder of Christianity killed no one, the founder of Islam killed many. Islam was spread throughout the world by bloodshed, while Christianity was spread as its adherents died for clinging to their beliefs.

I'm just as down with JC as you are, but I would do some editing or restating here, because I think there's possibly a few examples in a history book or two that may not support your over-simplified blanket assertion.

• Upvote 1

Now you know how Muslims feel.

I know lots of great Muslim folks. I recall how they reacted when I was on campus during 9-11 (mostly outrage, followed by fear for their own safety). They would never kill anyone to glorify Allah.

Generalizing any Middle Eastern/Northern African person as a terrorist is not only extremely ignorant, but rejected by just about any adult with higher than a 6th grade education. No one here is making that kind of argument. We're Mean Green Alumns!!

I dont pretend to be a Muslim scholar or anything, and I don't know verbatim what the Koran teaches.

I can speak to the Bible, and church history (Crusades were born of extreme corruption in the church and fear of losing power, not to reclaim the Holy Land. Praise God we had the Reformation or the church would have cannabalized it's own Savior and message). As mentioned by MeanGreen 93-98, Christ never killed anyone (only a fig tree), and would not even allow his followers to harm His attackers (Luke22:49-51). "Chrisitians", or "Christ followers", are to emulate this behavior.

Can real Muslims be militant to glorify Allah? I don't know. Maybe a Muslim scholar can clarify. But, a blanket assertion is flat-out wrong.

Can real Christians be militant to glorify Jesus? The answer is NO!

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1

I know lots of great Muslim folks. I recall how they reacted when I was on campus during 9-11 (mostly outrage, followed by fear for their own safety). They would never kill anyone to glorify Allah.

Generalizing any Middle Eastern/Northern African person as a terrorist is not only extremely ignorant, but rejected by just about any adult with higher than a 6th grade education. No one here is making that kind of argument. We're Mean Green Alumns!!

I dont pretend to be a Muslim scholar or anything, and I don't know verbatim what the Koran teaches.

I can speak to the Bible, and church history (Crusades were born of extreme corruption in the church and fear of losing power, not to reclaim the Holy Land. Praise God we had the Reformation or the church would have cannabalized it's own Savior and message). As mentioned by MeanGreen 93-98, Christ never killed anyone (only a fig tree), and would not even allow his followers to harm His attackers (Luke22:49-51). "Chrisitians", or "Christ followers", are to emulate this behavior.

Can real Muslims be militant to glorify Allah? I don't know. Maybe a Muslim scholar can clarify. But, a blanket assertion is flat-out wrong.

Can real Christians be militant to glorify Jesus? The answer is NO!

If only more of them, down the corridor of years, had listened to you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

635......muslims, after mohammed's death invaded Christian Syria and Palestine.

640......muslims, after taking Persia, Armenia and mesopotamia invaded Christian Egypt.

711......muslims invaded Gibraltar and took Portugal & Spain.

721......muslims invaded France.

732......muslims defeated by Charles Martel @ Poitiers-Tours.

827......muslims invaded Sicily

840......muslims invaded Bari.

841......muslims invaded Ancona in the Adriatic & Ostia.

911......muslims crossed the Alps to invade Piedmont.

940......muslims occupied Toulon.

The Crusades were, essentially, a cause and effect situation. They were a response to centuries of invasions and occupations. They were a counter offensive to stem Islamic expansion in Christian Europe. The muslims had turned Europe into their battlefield of world expansion.

1356....84 years after the 8th Crusade the muslims took Gallipoli

1430....muslims occupied Venetian Salonika

1444....muslims took Walachia, Moldavia, Transylvania (Bulgaria & Romania).

1453....muslims took Constantinople.

1456....muslims took Athens.

1476....muslims took Friuli.

1480....muslims took Puglia.

1492....muslims defeated at Granada in Spain. Isabella give Colubus 3 ships and the next day the Inquisition begins.

1529....muslims begin invasion of Austria

1565....muslims invade Malta

1571....muslims invade Cyprus

1621 & 1672....muslims tried to invade Poland.

During this time the muslims, in their wake, killed inocent men, women and children...Christian. Those who did not bow to the muslim religion were killed and others were used as slaves and concubines. They destroyed all Christian churches and priests. Has this attitude/behavior changed since they started their first invasion? No. Just read what happens today if you are a Christian in a muslim country, homosexual in a muslim country, adultrous female, thief, murder....the list goes on.

muslims, today, govern about 40-50 countries...and they want more.

Europeans are now waking up to this new muslim invasion and laws that favor the muslim religion. There is a backlash in France, Germany and Switzerland. Other continental European countries are begining to follow suit. England is not following their European parterners and I suspect that this country is lost.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The Inquisition was perpetrated against those seeking to practice Biblical Christianity.

To some respect you are right. Much of this was perpitrated by the Catholic Church. To the Jews it was directed at them. There really was not any sort of Protestant Reformation during this time. So who, then, were the victims? Mostly jews and unbelievers and your personal enemies and people you just did not like. During these times the Jews (and others) were forced to convert to the Catholic Church. If not then you could be tortured/killed. Some jews and others half heartedly and some fully reformed to catholosism. The worst was some fellow called Torquemada (sp)who was a Converso (a former Jew who had gone to the "other side."). I have seen his name in the same sentence with Trotsky, Lennin, Stalin and Hitler.....and just as brutal.