Scrimmage

EastTexasMG

I've been pretty disappointed in the coverage of spring practice. Other than one Green Guys on line chat, nada since then. No pictures, nothing. <_<

The scrimage was nice. I can't tell much about the team yet, but I did like seeing double tight end formations, and motion. Benny Jones looked even better then last Spring. He did a great job of making the catch with defenders on him, and also creating seperation. Byrd played some RB. He must have graduated early. He already looks like a college back. Some starters didn't see much action. I only saw Dunbar on one play, and he lined up in the slot on it. Riley didn't play at all. We did have recruits at the scrimage. I met one from Cedar Hill, and one from Navaro JC. I'm sure some others guys may have caught things that I missed. It was fun.

• Upvote 1

Vito scrimmage notes

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

Derek Thompson looked particularly good as UNT's backup quarterback.

I agree Thompson looked very good, especially when he should be a redshirt freshman. Great size, fairly strong arm, good speed for his size, and better decision making then I was expecting.

Anyone know who that giant left tackle was? He was wearing 71.

• Upvote 2

Riley didn't throw during the scrimmage, do we know why?

According to Vito:

Riley Dodge warmed up, but was pulled from the scrimmage due to a sore arm and shoulder. Todd Dodge said he didn't throw as much in the weeks leading up to spring ball as he would have liked after breaking his arm in the season finale against Arkansas State.