Summit League Contingency Plays For Ualr ?

MeanGreen61

UALR talking to Summit League ?

UALR THREAD

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=427776

It would strengthen the SunBelt image to become an all-sports (football) conference. With UNO dropping down and Denver out soon too UALR will need an exit option.

UNO, UALR, & Denver are not in the Big East, that is who we were talking about. Yes, some Big East basketball schools would add value to the Big 12, but not et al.

I thought you were talking about being an "all sports conference" raising our profile. The BE has many schools that do not play football, and I don't think it has sullied their image at all.

UALR does add value to basketball normally. This year they were way down, but generally they are one of the 3 best schools in our league.

Edited by CMJ

I thought you were talking about being an "all sports conference" raising our profile. The BE has many schools that do not play football, and I don't think it has sullied their image at all.

"all sports conference" usually means that all conference members play football; I don't why that term is used but it is. The BE is not an ordinary BCS/1-A conference and many of it's own members are calling for the "basketball only" schools to be split off as their conference priorities are different.

Some conferences have added members for individual sports, like CUSA has single members for men's soccer, and that is different again. As far as total membership quality and what a school brings to the overall conference table I don't see UALR as being comparable to a St. John's, Georgetown, DePaul, etc.