Landmark Legal To File Suit If "slaughter Rule" Is Used..

Levin's Landmark Legal Foundation to File Immediate Constitutional Challenge If House Dems Try to Pass Health-Care Without Actually Voting on It

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Monday that she might attempt to use a procedure -- dubbed “deem and pass” – to pass the measure without actually having lawmakers vote on it...

Essentially, instead of House members casting their votes on the Senate version of the health-care bill, the House would vote on a package of “fixes” made to those parts of the Senate bill to which House members object.......

“What I’m trying to do, though, is make it very clear to those Democrats who are on the fence, and who think that this somehow is going to protect them, that it won’t because we’re going to expose you,” Levin said.

Below is the audio.

http://marklevinshow.com/Article.asp?id=1735262&spid=32364

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I've been so plugged into this debate I haven't really found the energy to blog about it myself, because so many are doing such a good job.

...however, I don't have faith in the Supreme Court to do what is right in this case. I would like to think they would, but I'd rather see this stopped before it became law.

This move they are making is both unconstitutional and unprecedented. If the maneuver is made and Obama signs the bill into "law" he will be doing so using dictatorial fiat, and not the Democratic process, and they will be doing so against the will of 2/3rds of the people in this nation. The outrage is building by the day as the people on both sides of the debate who have legitimate disagreements about the substance of the bill are seeing what the leadership is trying to do to make it happen. Many who support the bill, don't support the procedures being used to make the bill law. IF they attempt to use the Slaughter Rule to pull this off, Republicans will win both houses of congress in the Fall, and I believe no matter what happens between here and November of 2012, Obama will be a one Term President, as this will stick with him.

...the corruption and outright attempt to dismantle the founding of this country on display here is unprecedented. This makes Watergate look like Romper Room.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g0LSHNfmnWDnZ_JylqiFxeT5GKEQD9EGLNDO0

BOISE, Idaho — Idaho took the lead in a growing, nationwide fight against health care overhaul Wednesday when its governor became the first to sign a measure requiring the state attorney general to sue the federal government if residents are forced to buy health insurance.

Similar legislation is pending in 37 other states.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/03/cuccinellis_office_confirms_vi.html

A spokesman for Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II ® said this afternoon that Virginia will file suit against the federal government if the Democratic health care reform bill is approved by the U.S. Congress.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I've been so plugged into this debate I haven't really found the energy to blog about it myself, because so many are doing such a good job.

...however, I don't have faith in the Supreme Court to do what is right in this case. I would like to think they would, but I'd rather see this stopped before it became law.

This move they are making is both unconstitutional and unprecedented. If the maneuver is made and Obama signs the bill into "law" he will be doing so using dictatorial fiat, and not the Democratic process, and they will be doing so against the will of 2/3rds of the people in this nation. The outrage is building by the day as the people on both sides of the debate who have legitimate disagreements about the substance of the bill are seeing what the leadership is trying to do to make it happen. Many who support the bill, don't support the procedures being used to make the bill law. IF they attempt to use the Slaughter Rule to pull this off, Republicans will win both houses of congress in the Fall, and I believe no matter what happens between here and November of 2012, Obama will be a one Term President, as this will stick with him.

...the corruption and outright attempt to dismantle the founding of this country on display here is unprecedented. This makes Watergate look like Romper Room.

The Dems have already ceded the house and the senate in November by continuing to push something that the American people have completely disavowed. This election will make 1996 look like a tie.

However, I would not be so quick to assume any supreme court involvement in this fiasco. The supreme court chooses what cases they want to hear. They are very leary of getting involved in politics. Right now, I see the Supreme Court takinga pass on this case and letting the American voters work it out, which is appropriate. If, by chance, they do hear this case, I see a 7-2 decision to stay out of this mess.

Contrary to popular opinion, the court is very sensitive to the power that they hold, and getting involved in a political argument, even though it may involve a minor violation of the constitution, is not something the court willl take lightly.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/17/obama-tells-fox-news-procedural-spat-health-vote-doesnt-worry/

Obama: "I don't worry about the procedural rules in the House or Senate."

To uphold the Constitution of the United States means nothing to BHO.

Now, the House can accept the Senate health bill WITHOUT voting it BUT voting "ONLY" on a PACKAGE OF CHANGES to the bill. That way Democratic House members can go back home and say they "never" voted for the health care bill. I am innocent, I didn't rob the bank ... the only thing I did was drive the get away car. In this case doing nothing is doing something and that is the Democrats "are" voting for it. The American people, as a whole, are not that stupid.

The Old Dominion State, last week, passed a bill stating that its citizens do not have to accept a federally mandated health bill that forces everyone to purchase health insurance. Other states are lining up to challenge the constitutionality of this bill. Should be interesting.