It's (Almost) Official! Conroy Hines New Wr Coach

Hmmm...some more interesting comments about this hire coming from the LaTech board.

HogDawg

This is very ironic. A few years ago I tried to get Conroy Hines to sign a WR from McKinney named Johnny Quinn. Conroy wouldn't do it. He said Quinn would never make it in Div 1A college football. So Quinn went to UNT instead of LA Tech, and became UNT's ALL-TIME leading receiver. I kid you not. During Quin's stay at UNT, he was playing in back to back bowl games for UNT while Conroy was sitting at home in Ruston.

Despite this, I've always liked Conroy Hines. Still do. But some of these college coaches don't know near as much about recruiting as they THINK they do. By the way, that INCLUDES some members of our (Dykes') current football staff. I'm already having similar experiences with them. As usual, they think nobody knows anything about football but them. Only problem is, I have to wait a couple of years to prove them wrong. Again.

Best of luck to Conroy and his family.

CorinthEagle

Quinn was incredible to watch. If the ball was anywhere close to him he was going to catch it. Still playing in Canada. Sure glad he didn't listen to you HD!

HogDawg

Yep. Quinn was drafted by the Buffalo Bills and played for the Green Bay Packers too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Quinn

I never did let Conroy live that one down. Johnny Quinn was an INCREDIBLE talent......but Conroy just couldn't see it. Quinn would have been a great fit for LA Tech's wide open passing offense when McCown was the QB, and later.