Sunday Selection Show @ The Pourhouse

UNTflyer

Doubt many students attend this.

I thought there was going to be a huge crowd for the signing day event that was also held at the pourhouse. I believe it started it 6 so I got there at 4. For 2 hours there were less than 20 people there. Not until about 6:30 did people start to come in. I know it's Sunday and people will have more time , but this is UNT so don't expect cars to be lined up the movie theater like it should be. I expect about the same amount of people who drove to Hot Springs to be at this event ( 200+ or so ) I'm sure the media room will eventually get packed so I will be there around 3pm.

• Downvote 1

The Pourhouse is a terrible place to hold this! That theater room is too small. This should be done at the Pit.

Right now, the plan is for the party to be on the patio. By the way, a special thanks should go to Sound Man who owns Automation Integration. He sold and installed all of the tv's, including the big screen projector in the big room as well as throughout the Pourhouse. Anyway, and at his own expense, he will be setting up 4 tv's on the patio. Would be cool to be at the pit, but this should be a cool place to have a party like this as well.

It was held at the Athletic Center meeting room in 2007, right? That seems bigger and easier for students to attend than the Pourhouse, no?

If the same size crowd that showed up in '07

shows up at the Pourhouse it's gonna suck

because it's too damn small. I'll be freaking

pissed if I drive an hour and a half to get

there and I can't even get in the door?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Damn, Are your $100 doller bills wrinkled as well. We should be glad that we need to have a watching party.

I agree with Flyer and FFR. The Athletic Departments own info about the event, states that seating will be limited and that you better get there early if you want a seat.

And not that Flyer needs my defense.....but he was in Hot Springs for 3-4 days cheering on the team.

I really think the whole place will cater strictly to the event. Some of the team may be on the patio , some may be in the media room. Sure neither area could hold everyone , but the the place as a whole should be fine. I'll be happy sitting wherever as long as I'm surrounded by hundreds of Mean Green fans. Just get there early enough to sit where you want

I'd prefer at the ath center , but the pourhouse has been a great sponser for this board and UNT so I don't really mind it

I think Kram just took over my keyboard biggrin.gif

Edited by NT03

2 things,You all know my bias obviously

I don't think anyone would have a problem with the Mean Green Faithful taking the place over. The media room is limited yes, but the facility no.

Also as far as I know coach Jones requested The Pourhouse.

Having it on campus may be more of the right size, however I don't see anything wrong with it being somewhere local, alumni owned and a supporter if at all possible. This is a business so if the AD can push business towards locally owned business's sometimes it is reciprocated.

In theory they could hold it at one of the newer hotels also.

Just get there early, isn't this a good problem to have?

2 things,You all know my bias obviously

I don't think anyone would have a problem with the Mean Green Faithful taking the place over. The media room is limited yes, but the facility no.

Also as far as I know coach Jones requested The Pourhouse.

Having it on campus may be more of the right size, however I don't see anything wrong with it being somewhere local, alumni owned and a supporter if at all possible. This is a business so if the AD can push business towards locally owned business's sometimes it is reciprocated.

In theory they could hold it at one of the newer hotels also.

Just get there early, isn't this a good problem to have?

Are there plans for the Pourhouse to host a watch party for the game? It is possible that the game in its entirety will not be broadcast on CBS, but it should be available on a game plan of some sort. Will the Pourhouse be purchasing such a plan?

Are there plans for the Pourhouse to host a watch party for the game? It is possible that the game in its entirety will not be broadcast on CBS, but it should be available on a game plan of some sort. Will the Pourhouse be purchasing such a plan?

At this point as best I know they will do what they can to ensure the game start until finish. Once things get settled Sunday we'll all know better

Doubt many students attend this.

I thought there was going to be a huge crowd for the signing day event that was also held at the pourhouse. I believe it started it 6 so I got there at 4. For 2 hours there were less than 20 people there. Not until about 6:30 did people start to come in. I know it's Sunday and people will have more time , but this is UNT so don't expect cars to be lined up the movie theater like it should be. I expect about the same amount of people who drove to Hot Springs to be at this event ( 200+ or so ) I'm sure the media room will eventually get packed so I will be there around 3pm.

In 2007 we filled a huge room in the Athletic Center for the Selection show. I don't understand why we're moving it to a small venue

In 2007 we filled a huge room in the Athletic Center for the Selection show. I don't understand why we're moving it to a small venue

Lee Jackson ?

and by the way.. I started this thread biggrin.gif , but got no love !!

gmg

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 3

The news made it look like there was alot of students to welcome the team home. Dont you think this will be the same case on Sunday to see where we go?

Most of the students who attended were coming back from the bus trip or in the band. While I will be attending I doubt it's high on many students list of priorities on Spring Break.

• Upvote 1

is the room at the athletic center bigger than the entire pourhouse?

I love the Pourhouse....great food, great service. But to me, if you're going to be at this event...you want to be in the same area (media room or patio) where the coaches and players are. If you're saying that all the other TVs are going to be on....that doesn't do much for me. For one thing, it's not as if UNT has the whole place reserved. So what if you're watching it in the restaurant area, and a lot of the other customers are folks who aren't there for the Selection Show. They're gonna be talking during the show....and you probably won't be able to hear it. So the fact that it's gonna be on all the TVs...doesn't do much for me. Please no offense intended. I love your brother's sports bar. Great place, great food. I just don't think it's the best venue for this event.

• Upvote 5

Most of the students who attended were coming back from the bus trip or in the band. While I will be attending I doubt it's high on many students list of priorities on Spring Break.

You might be right. But I'd guess the last time (2007)...it was during Spring Break also. And folks who were there (at the Selection show event).....tell me it was packed.

• Upvote 1

You might be right. But I'd guess the last time (2007)...it was during Spring Break also. And folks who were there (at the Selection show event).....tell me it was packed.

No - the selection show was during the week before spring break. The game fell on the Friday right before the beginning of spring break last time.

No - the selection show was during the week before spring break. The game fell on the Friday right before the beginning of spring break last time.

Yup, and there was a passioned plea to cancel classes for that Friday since we were going into Spring Break anyways. So much so that Dr. B sent out a mass email explaining why they couldn't do that.