Nancy Pelosi's Latest Gem On The Health Care Bill.

"We have to pass the bill so that you can uh, find out what's in it...."

WTF???????:blink:

Rick

Not trying to stick up for Pelosi, cuz I think that she is batshit crazy and that quote is a little damning in itself, however...

Using 5-10 second soundbites to prove a point is just awkwar. Yes, the point you are trying to make might be true but it seems to me that the bits around that phrase in whatever 5 second clip we see are cut off because perhaps they didn't prove the point the editor was trying to make. For example, yes 35 million people in the country don't have insurance, but are all of them the people in a bad way, can't afford it, can't get coverage, to old, to young, to poor that the administration keeps claiming? No. But that 3 second soundbite is being used over and over and over to further an agenda that not everyone agrees with.

• Upvote 1

Not trying to stick up for Pelosi, cuz I think that she is batshit crazy and that quote is a little damning in itself, however...

Using 5-10 second soundbites to prove a point is just awkwar. Yes, the point you are trying to make might be true but it seems to me that the bits around that phrase in whatever 5 second clip we see are cut off because perhaps they didn't prove the point the editor was trying to make. For example, yes 35 million people in the country don't have insurance, but are all of them the people in a bad way, can't afford it, can't get coverage, to old, to young, to poor that the administration keeps claiming? No. But that 3 second soundbite is being used over and over and over to further an agenda that not everyone agrees with.

Exactly what I thought when I heard the clip. 5 seconds of audio taken mid-sentence just reeks of out-of-context.

And I think Nancy Pelosi is a freaking communist.

• Upvote 1

On e again let me say I think the woman is nuts, but in the interest of following through on my previous post here is the quote in it's entirety:

" “You’ve heard about the controversies, the process about the bill…but I don’t know if you’ve heard that it is legislation for the future – not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America,” she told the National Association of Counties annual legislative conference, which has drawn about 2,000 local officials to Washington. “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it – away from the fog of the controversy.”"

from politico.com

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0310/Pelosi_People_wont_appreciate_reform_until_it_passes.html

• Upvote 1

On e again let me say I think the woman is nuts, but in the interest of following through on my previous post here is the quote in it's entirety:

" “You’ve heard about the controversies, the process about the bill…but I don’t know if you’ve heard that it is legislation for the future – not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America,” she told the National Association of Counties annual legislative conference, which has drawn about 2,000 local officials to Washington. “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it – away from the fog of the controversy.”"

from politico.com

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0310/Pelosi_People_wont_appreciate_reform_until_it_passes.html

So the 10 second clip is justified and not taken out of context. You don't pass a bill in order to simply discover it's contents, or that it contains legislation for a healthier America.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So the 10 second clip is justified and not taken out of context. You don't pass a bill in order to simply discover it's contents, or that it contains legislation for a healthier America.

Rick

Perhaps it is justified, but thats not the point. Remember the old ethical argument of "do the ends justify the means?"

To me this is the perfect application of that old conundrum.

Perhaps it is justified, but thats not the point. Remember the old ethical argument of "do the ends justify the means?"

To me this is the perfect application of that old conundrum.

If by her retarded statement she intended for that to be the question then the answer by every responding poll since January?, has been "no", to which she obviously is going to continue to ignore.

And by the way, here's the full context of what she said during her speech to the 2010 legislative conference of the National Association of Counties.

Pelosi: You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting. But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

The best form of prevention for this country will come in the form of November.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The context doesn't really change the meaning of the quote. I'm not sure what the debate is about. We need to know what is in it before we pass it. ...the problem is, the people already know what is in it and don't like it by a 2-1 margin.

• Upvote 1

If by her retarded statement she intended for that to be the question then the answer by every responding poll since January?, has been "no", to which she obviously is going to continue to ignore.

And by the way, here's the full context of what she said during her speech to the 2010 legislative conference of the National Association of Counties.

The best form of prevention for this country will come in the form of November.

Rick

Whoa, whoa there...I hope you're using this satirically, otherwise I'll be demanding you be fired.

• Upvote 2