Welcome Back The Champs

NTerock

For those who couldn't make it out....it was Awesome....about 200+ fans, plus band, dancers, and cheerleaders....the team came out with the trophies ( western division and tourny champs) and the nets they cut....Josh, Eric, George and Johnny Jones talked....said they are ready for the tourny and want to make some noise...

im praying for a game in OKC as its the only one i can make! go mean green!

For those who couldn't make it out....it was Awesome....about 200+ fans, plus band, dancers, and cheerleaders....the team came out with the trophies ( western division and tourny champs) and the nets they cut....Josh, Eric, George and Johnny Jones talked....said they are ready for the tourny and want to make some noise...

Good job to all who made it--our boys deserve some love.

Were there any news cameras there? And if so what station?

Is anyone else having problems with the video? I cannot get it to play. I've watched their friggin M&M ad about 5 or 6 times trying to get the video to show.

Edited by chrisfisher

It took so long to load I thought I had dial up again.

Your right.. You just have to wait a while... and after you wait a while, you get to watch video that stops and reloads every 10 seconds... why do have such a crappy video service for our athletics???

Lee Jackson was in hot springs. He wore a blue and white checkered shirt for the championship game. Apparently he used his one green vest for the previous night's game.

Did the UT Chancellor wear a blue and white checkered shirt to their BCS Championship game? <_<

Get with the program or get out!

Edited by NT80

Is anyone else having problems with the video? I cannot get it to play. I've watched their friggin M&M ad about 5 or 6 times trying to get the video to show.

For some reason there is no problem if you watch it from the homepage, at least there isn't for me. It's an issue with all archived videos they do.

Actually Jackson was wearing the school colors.....the blue of UNT-Dallas. Anyway, he was in Hot Springs for the last two games and seemed very bored by the whole thing. He spent most of his time at the Denver game on his cell phone texting. When we won the championship on Tuesday night, he did not even go down on the floor to congratulate the team, so far as I could see. He ain't no Gretchen or Norval.

i'm sorry, i'm not trying to be the negative guy, but does it bother anybody that less than 1% of our student body showed up for this...assuming bstnsportsfan3's estimate was close? it's on freaking campus! i've seen more students by the fountains for some sort of multi-cultural event when i was in school. i know that barring a test if i were still a student i would have skipped class to be there. it's shit like this that drives me gonzo! the team deserves better than that.

other than that, it looked like a nice celebration. i wish i didn't have to work or i would've been there. see you at selection sunday! congratulations guys!! go mean green!

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1

i'm sorry, i'm not trying to be the negative guy, but does it bother anybody that less than 1% of our student body showed up for this...assuming bstnsportsfan3's estimate was close? it's on freaking campus! i've seen more students by the fountains for some sort of multi-cultural event when i was in school. i know that barring a test if i were still a student i would have skipped class to be there. it's shit like this that drives me gonzo! the team deserves better than that.

other than that, it looked like a nice celebration. i wish i didn't have to work or i would've been there. see you at selection sunday! congratulations guys!! go mean green!

It didn't help that the NT Daily said the rally was going to be held at 3 pm on today's front page !!!

Edited by NT03

Our guys definitely deserve better, but really this is what this school offers at this point in time. Many people in Texas only look at football when they judge a school's athletic program (there are exceptions such as Duke) and assume that if the football team is bad all other athletics are sub par. Because of this uninformed sports fan automatically discounts all of the sports of that school (a certain DMN columnist comes to mind as the leader of this group). Sports fans would much rather go to schools like Texas Tech and Oklahoma State where they can be competitive in football and any basketball success is just gravy. It also doesn't help that UNT has a large population of students of the arts and (sorry for the vast generalization) arts students don't tend to enjoy sports as much as someone who simply wants to go to school to get away from home and get sloshed while tailgating various sporting events. Hopefully we can upset a top tier team in the tourney so we can have a boom in sporting folk like Boise State had after beating Oklahoma in the "Statue of Liberty" Bowl.

Edited by MEANGREENMAN!