Notre Dame Watching Expansion Plans

NT80

Until the NCAA, especially the BCS, and the Big East Conference grow some gonads Notre Dame will continue to do as they damn well please.

If the Big East kicked them out of their conference unless they play all sports, that would at least get their attention. Obviously, they can play as an independent in football but it would cost them a lot of their NBC money to be independent in the other 13 sports required for Division I status.

Why is Notre Dame the only one allowed to do this? I'd bet Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, etc. could all go it alone in football. Their TV contracts might be a little smaller but they could survive, especially if they had a conference for their other sports. No one should be above the organization.

I agree with the buckeye who said that they should be sent to the Big East. If they are against that then let them play an outlaw schedule with no consideration for a playoff spot. I hope that the Big Ten and the Pac 10 will go ahead and do what's best for their conferences and let ND take the hindmost.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4979435

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said Tuesday. "I believe we're at a point right now where changes could be relatively small or they could be seismic."

Thanks for that amazing bit of insight Jack. If ADing doesn't work out in the long run perhaps a job as a Dallas weatherman would.